Like this page
COLE Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
February 16, 2011
Fuqua's Coach K Center on Leadership & Ethics (COLE) is pleased to introduce its new COLE Leadership Advisory Board members:
- Fernando Aguirre, Chairman and CEO, Chiquita Brands International
- Joseph Bailey III, Managing Partner, Global Sport Leadership Advisory Group, Heidrick & Struggles; and Former CEO, Dolphins Enterprises, the Miami Dolphins, and Dolphins Stadium
- Don Browne, President, Telemundo Communications Group, NBC Universal
- Fred Goldring T '79, Member, U.S. President's Commission for the Arts, and Founder, Goldring Strategies
- Mark Reuss '90, President, GM North America
- Bill Weldon, Chairman & CEO, Johnson & Johnson.
COLE convenes and continues to attract leaders who are not only experts in their respective industries, but leaders:
- whose insights and strategic input are critical for keeping COLE's mission relevant and impactful
- who share a deep concern for problems of global consequences
- to help maintain the relevance and sensitivity of our educational initiatives to market realities and the perspectives of recruiters, practitioners, and everyday leaders
- to support COLE's efforts to advance the synthesis of rigorous research that advances the practice of ethical leadership and leadership development.
In addition to bi-annual board meetings and key conversations to share insights and to help COLE with strategic initiatives, board members also engage with our research, faculty, students, other members of the Fuqua community and Duke at large. Most recently, Fernando Aguirre, Joe Bailey, Don Browne, Alfred Edmond, Fred Goldring, and Alison Levine '00 spoke at our 9th Annual Coach K Leadership Conference (2010). John Allison '74 and General Martin Dempsey G '84 returned to campus to speak with our COLE Leadership Fellows, MMS Students, and Finance Club MBAs on leadership. Larry Olson and Wiley & Sons partnered with COLE and sponsored the second Executive Leadership Survey.
In January, Joe Bailey hosted a group of our MBAs at Heidrick & Struggles, who are interested in entering the world of sports; In February, Bill Weldon and Blair Sheppard had a fireside chat hosted at Johnson & Johnson for our New Jersey alumni; Jim McCaffrey spoke at Fuqua's Center for Technology, Entertainment and Media (CTEM) Inaugural Industry Immersion Day.
Here is a full list of our distinguished board members:
Fernando Aguirre, Chairman & CEO, Chiquita Brands International
John Allison '74, Retired Chairman & CEO, BB&T Corporation; Distinguished Professor of Practice, Wake Forest University Schools of Business
Joseph Bailey III, Managing Partner, Global Sport Leadership Advisory Group, Heidrick and Struggles
John Seely Brown, Independent Co-Chairman, Deloitte Center for Edge Innovation; Advisor to the Provost, University of Southern California
Don Browne, President, Telemundo Communications Group, NBC Universal
Alfred Edmond, Senior Vice President and Editor-in-Chief, BlackEnterprise.com
Tom Evans, Chief Learning Officer, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Fred Goldring T '79, Founder, Goldring Strategies; Member of the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities (Appointed by President Barack Obama)
Eric Greenspan T '72, Partner, Myman, Greenspan, Fineman, Fox, Light LLP
Mike "Coach K" Krzyzewski, Head Coach, Duke University Men's Basketball Team; Executive-in-Residence, COLE
Alison Levine '00, Founder and President, Daredevil Strategies; Team Captain, First American Women's Everest Expedition; Adjunct instructor, Dept of Behavioral Sciences & Leadership at West Point; Strategic Advisor, Thayer Leader Development Group at West Point.
Jim McCaffrey, Executive Vice President, Operations and Strategy and Chief Strategy Officer, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
Larry Olson, Vice President and Director of Marketing, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Mark Reuss '90, President, GM North America
William C. Weldon, Chairman and CEO, Johnson & Johnson
Gen. Martin Dempsey G '84, (Four Star General), Commanding General, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (military liaison to the board)
For more information about our Board members, please contact Sanyin Siang, Executive Director & Sr. Research Associate, COLE.