Like this page
Improving Corporate Governance through Gender Diversity
November 14, 2011
On September 28, the Fuqua/Coach K Center on Leadership & Ethics (COLE) held its pilot OnBoard Bootcamp for female executives, as part of its Women's Leadership Initiative (WLEAD). COLE hosted this bootcamp in conjunction with Susan Stautberg, Co-Founder of Women Corporate Directors and President of PartnerCom Corporation.
The one-day bootcamp provided board-ready women with an insider's guide on the selection process for a corporate/private board, advisory board, and major non-profit board. Participants learned to position themselves for board "short lists" and match their current skills and future goals to a board's needs in order to succeed as effective directors. It also introduced participants to experienced corporate directors and search executives who shared "lessons learned."
Distinctions of our program include high-level participants, the vast corporate experience of speakers, small class size to allow for high interactivity, and the network participants are connected to post-course.
COLE's goal is to host several Bootcamps in cities across the United States. We are committed to increasing the number of women board directors and providing a seamless path for women leaders to make an immediate and lasting impact.
- Yum Arnold, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Leapfrog Services, Inc.; Recipient of the 2004 Lettie Pate Whitehead Evans Award for outstanding performance as a corporate director; Board Member, Various Boards
- Laura Hay, Managing Director, specializing in executive and director compensation, Pearl Meyer & Partners
- Kevin Kelly '99, Chief Executive Officer, Heidrick & Struggles
- Susan Stautberg, Co-founder, Women Corporate Directors; President, PartnerCom Corporation
- Sheila Ahler, Partner, Cherry Bekaert & Holland, LLP
- Christy Brown, Vice Chancellor, Finance and Administrative Affairs, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Mary Cusick, Board of Directors, Crimson Cup Coffee & Tea; Sr. VP, Restaurant Marketing (CMO), Bob Evans Restaurants
- Laureen Ong, President, Travel Channel
- Kelley Platt '82, President and CEO, Thomas Built Buses
- Diane Price, Director & Member of the Executive Council, Noblis