Like this page
COLE Provides a Pathway for Women onto Boards
March 19, 2012
On Friday, March 2, 2012, The Fuqua/Coach K Center on Leadership & Ethics (COLE) served as the academic partner for the first OnBoard Bootcamp in Southeast Asia, held at the Singapore Stock Exchange. OnBoard Bootcamp is a one-day intensive seminar for women that provides an insider's guide on how to be selected for a board and introduces participants to experienced directors and search executives who share "lessons learned" along the way. Among the Bootcamp speakers was COLE Advisory Board Member Deb Henretta, Group President, Asia and Global Specialty Channel, P&G Asia.
"It is the difference between directing and leading a group to a solution, and telling it what to do," said Henretta, whose directorships include Singapore's Economic Development Board.
The bootcamp was convened by Susan Stautberg, Co-Founder of OnBoard Bootcamps and Co-Founder of WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD). The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank, shared board opportunities; Heidrick & Struggles, a top international executive search firm, took participants behind the scenes of the director search process; and KPMG, one of the world's largest accounting firms, guided participants through the questions directors should be asking.
COLE, through its Women's Leadership Initiative (WLEAD), is committed to increasing the number of women board directors and providing a seamless path for women leaders to make an immediate and lasting impact.
COLE will host its second OnBoard Bootcamp on May 8, 2012, at the Coca-Cola Headquarters in Atlanta, GA. Speakers include:
- Nancy Calderon, Americas Regional Chief Administrative Officer & U.S. National Partner in Charge of Operations, KPMG
- Chris St. Clare, Former Director, KPMG; and Founder & President, St. Clare Advisors
- German Herrera, Consultant, Egon Zehnder International
- Mary Madden, Co-Chair, WomenCorporateDirectors Atlanta and Chair & Executive Director, NACD Atlanta
- Melissa Means, Managing Director, Pearl Meyer & Partners
- Anne Lim O'Brien, Partner, Heidrick & Struggles
- Susan Stautberg, Co-Founder, OnBoard Bootcamps; and Co-Founder, WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD).
For more information, please contact Danielle Kowalczuk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, read about COLE's first onBoard Bootcamp, held September 28, 2011, at Duke University.