Like this page
Coach K Center on Leadership & Ethics Provides a Pathway for Women onto Boards
May 13, 2012
On Tuesday, May 8, 2012, The Fuqua/Coach K Center on Leadership & Ethics (COLE) convened an OnBoard Bootcamp at the Coca-Cola headquarters in Atlanta. The bootcamp, intended to help women get onto corporate boards, was hosted by COLE as part of its Women's Leadership Initiative (WLEAD), in conjunction with Susan Stautberg, co-Founder, OnBoard Bootcamps and co-Founder, WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD).
OnBoard Bootcamp is a one-day intensive seminar that provides an insider's guide on how to be selected for a corporate/private board, advisory board, or major nonprofit board. Participants learn to position themselves for board "short lists" and match their current and future goals to a board's needs in order to succeed as effective directors. Distinctions of our program include high level participants, the vast corporate experience of speakers, small class size to allow for high interactivity, and the network participants enjoy post-course. For information on upcoming Bootcamps, please contact Danielle Kowalczuk, COLE Program Manager, at email@example.com.
The May 8 Bootcamp speakers included experienced directors and search executives:
- Nancy Calderon, Americas Regional Chief Administrative Officer & U.S. National Partner in Charge of Operations, KPMG
- Chris St. Clare, Former Director, KPMG; and Founder & President, St. Clare Advisors
- German Herrera, Consultant, Egon Zehnder International
- Mary Madden, Co-Chair, WomenCorporateDirectors Atlanta and Chair & Executive Director, NACD Atlanta
- Melissa Means, Managing Director, Pearl Meyer & Partners
- Anne Lim O'Brien, Partner, Heidrick & Struggles
- Susan Stautberg, Co-Founder, OnBoard Bootcamps, and Co-Founder, WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD).
- Rohini Anand, Sr. Vice President & Global Chief Diversity Officer, Sodexo
- Jenny Boese, Vice President & Treasurer, Office Depot
- Gloria Bowden, Associate General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, The Coca-Cola Company
- Lisa Chang, Sr. Vice President, Human Resources, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Sara Clarke
- Gwendolyn Keyes Fleming, Regional Administrator, EPA, Region 4
- Annette Geddes, Independent Representative, Cypress Capital Group; Principal, Geddes Concierge Investment Services, LLC.
- Melody Justice, EVP, Business Transformation, Coca-Cola North America
- Connie McDaniel, Vice President, Chief of Internal Audit, The Coca-Cola Company
- Jeryl Mitchell, Global Human Resources Executive
- Cheryl Naumann, Vice President, Human Resources, University of Phoenix
- Beatriz Perez, Vice President & Chief Sustainability Officer, The Coca-Cola Company
- Marie Quintero-Johnson, Vice President & Director, Mergers & Acquisitions, Insights & Real Estate, The Coca-Cola Company
- Jen Swindell '94, Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Andrea Turgeon '98, Vice President, The North Highland Company
- Leslie Turner, Chief Legal Officer, Coca-Cola North America
- Kathy Waller, Vice President & Controller, The Coca-Cola Company
- Cheryl Walsh, Shareholder & Client Relations Manager, Burch & Cracchiolo, P.A.
COLE's first OnBoard Bootcamp was held September 28, 2011, at Duke University. COLE also served as the academic partner for the first ever OnBoard Bootcamp in Southeast Asia, held on March 2, 2012, at the Singapore Stock Exchange.
The next Bootcamp is scheduled for October 4, 2012, in Los Angeles.