School of Business
100 Fuqua Drive
Durham, NC 27708-0125
Class Communication Chairs serve as a vital link between alumni and the school. They are a key group of representatives from each Fuqua class who serve as ambassadors for Fuqua and are essential in keeping alumni in touch with Fuqua and each other.
Learn more about deadlines, see samples, and find out how to upload photos.
- Soliciting, compiling, and editing updates and photos from classmates within established deadlines on a quarterly basis. These updates are used in various forms of school and alumni communication, including the Team Fuqua alumni magazine, Exchange magazine, online content and admissions publications.
- Disseminating information to classmates through electronic mailing lists. The Alumni Relations team will ask you to send periodic updates to your class on behalf of Fuqua. These updates could include important school news or information that may affect your particular class. Your classmates are more likely to read information about Fuqua if it comes from you, and your connection to your class is vital when the school needs to get important information out to alumni quickly.
- Finding a replacement chair when the current chair decides to step down from the role.
Qualifications of Class Communication Chairs
Class Communication Chairs should enjoy contacting classmates and sharing information. They should have good writing skills, an attention to detail, and an affinity for compiling and cataloguing information. The best communication chairs are positive, thoughtful ambassadors for Fuqua who enjoy working with Fuqua staff. Class Communication Chairs must be committed to the mission of The Fuqua School of Business, and have the time and dedication to stay in contact with their class and communicate back to the school.
Selection of Class Communication Chairs
Class Communication Chairs are selected one of three ways:
- Through nomination at the conclusion of the MBA program, either by self-nomination or by a classmate.
- By recommendation of the current communication chair as he/she steps down from the role.
- Through solicitation by Fuqua's Alumni Relations team.
If you are interested in serving as a Class Communication Chair, please contact the Alumni Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.919.660.2915.