School of Business
100 Fuqua Drive
Durham, NC 27708-0125
Join the Club Leadership Team
Fuqua Alumni Clubs promote communication and interaction among members of the Fuqua community through a variety of professional, social, educational, and family activities. Through this ever increasing alumni network, the ability of each alumna/us to reach for excellence is enhanced and the educational and professional goals of The Fuqua School of Business are advanced.
Successful clubs start and grow with a strong leadership team. Club responsibilities are shared by a team of two to four volunteers depending on the alumni base in the regional area. Alumni volunteers are encouraged to participate in a two year term and a volunteer's term can be extended if the volunteer and the Alumni Relations team have interest.
The regional club leadership team
- Conducts leadership planning meetings to develop the calendar of events for the coming year.
- Serves as liaison between the region's alumni and the Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) office at The Fuqua School of Business.
- Plans events, social and professional, that reach a variety of audiences and further the interest of the alumni club.
- Where applicable, partners with the Duke University Alumni Club and/or the business school alliance for programming purposes.
- Plans, in conjunction with the DAR office, for informed and enthusiastic successors to assure the continuation of an active Fuqua club.
Club leaders are expected to
- Keep their contact information up to date in the alumni directory.
- Stay engaged and informed about Fuqua by reading FuquaNet, Exchange, and Team Fuqua.
- Work collaboratively as a team to coordinate programming in the club area.
- Manage club communication through the email distribution list provided by Fuqua.
- Provide content to the Alumni Relations team for the club webpage.
If you are interested in joining the club leadership team in your area, please contact Katie Thomasson, Associate Director of Alumni Relations, at email@example.com or +1.919.660.7695.
Tools for Club Leaders
Important documents for Fuqua club leaders:
- Guidelines for using alumni club email distribution lists: Electronic distribution lists are established for each club to help with club communication and event promotion. With approval from the Alumni Relations team, club leaders are given authorization to use the regional club email distribution list to contact local alumni. View instructions for using the email distribution lists.
- E-mail footer for club distribution list: The footer informs recipients as to why they are receiving the communication, encourages them to update their record in the alumni directory, and provides information about opting out of club e-mails. The e-mail footer should be included on all communication sent via the club e-mail list. View sample of e-mail footer
- Check reimbursement: To be submitted, along with original itemized receipts, to the Alumni Relations office for pre-approved expenses for club events. Download reimbursement form
- Event tips for club programming: Effective programming is essential to the success of every regional alumni club. Programs and events work best when they are well-timed, planned, and communicated far in advance. This document will help the club leadership team brainstorm ideas for regional events and activities. View event tips