Started in the fall of 2008, the Minority Alumni Advisory Board was created to provide Fuqua a formal structure for nurturing, growing, and capitalizing on the resources of the underrepresented minority community.*
*The Fuqua School of Business recognizes underrepresented minorities as being of African American, Hispanic American, or Native American or as being permanent United States residents who identify themselves as being of African or Hispanic descent.
Members of the Minority Alumni Advisory Board gather in November 2009.
Visit our Minority Alumni Advisory Board roster to see who is currently serving on the board.
To make Fuqua the best place to be and be from for all minorities.
To promote and enhance the experience of the Fuqua minority community.
- To increase Fuqua's efficiency and effectiveness in recruiting minority students.
- To increase the institutional support for minority students.
- To support efforts to enhance minority giving to Fuqua.
- To enhance relationships among members of the minority community.
- To assist Fuqua on issues of minority recruiting in an effort to be more deliberate about identifying, recruiting, and yielding the best students.
- To provide support for career mentorship for minority students including preparation for minority conferences and transitioning from the classroom to the workplace.
- To provide a formal structure to support and enhance connectedness amongst alumni, current minority students, and Fuqua's administration.
- To provide a channel for increased communication with the minority community.
Membership & Structure
The Minority Alumni Advisory Board is comprised of approximately 20 members and is open to anyone who has graduated from the Fuqua School of Business and is of the underrepresented minority community.
The Board is led by an executive committee which is comprised of two elected officers (Chair and Vice Chair), appointed task force chairs (Admissions, Career, and Development and Alumni Relations), and staff representatives from Development and Alumni Relations, the Career Management Center, and Admissions.
Each board member serves on one of the following tasks forces:
- Development and Alumni Relations
Nomination & Selection
Nomination for Board membership may be provided by any Fuqua alumnus or staff member. New members will be selected by the Executive Committee based on their previous volunteer involvement and financial support. Self-nominations are welcome! If you are interested in learning more about the Minority Alumni Advisory Board contact the Alumni Relations office at firstname.lastname@example.org.