Center for International Business Education and Research
Fuqua School of Business
Durham, NC 27708-0120 USA
Fedex only address:
100 Fuqua Drive
Durham, NC 27708-0104
The Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) receives funding from the U.S. Department of Education under Title VI, Part B of the Higher Education Act of 1965. Duke CIBER is one of 31 CIBERs located at major universities throughout the United States. Each CIBER institution has its own strengths. The CIBERs work together to leverage our strengths, resources, and know-how to make a greater impact.
Professor Yair Aharoni founded Duke CIBER in 1992. The current CIBER Director and Principal Investigator is Professor Arie Y. Lewin, who has led the Center from 1996 until the present day with a staff of nine people. We at Duke CIBER align our strategic goals and missions with that of Duke University, The Fuqua School of Business, and the U.S. Department of Education. We are a cross-disciplinary research center developing and engaging in programs that promote international business research and education, as well as global competitiveness.
Our programs include:
- specialized international electives that increase students' international skills and knowledge
- innovative research on topics that promote global business competitiveness
- programs that incorporate business and language for students and faculty
- faculty and doctoral development opportunities in international business
- programs that connect government entities and non-profits with the communities that they serve
- programs that serve as national and regional resources in outreach activities to the K-12, historically black colleges and universities, and business community
These programs are impactful and benefit students, faculty, businesses, government entities, and K-12 constituents.