Leaders are shaped by defining moments. But these moments don't just happen; they're intentional, impactful, and life-changing. Welcome to the first day of the Daytime MBA degree program.
During Orientation, students get to know each other and the "Team Fuqua" culture. You'll spend a day at the Triangle Training Center, where physical, team-based challenges push you out of your comfort zone. You have to trust your new teammates, and get through the training course together. Overcoming obstacles like "the wall" is a rite of passage for new Fuqua students, and creates the foundation for solid, effective teams.
Your MBA experience begins with an intense month of orientation and Global Institute to challenge the ways you think and prepare you for two amazing years of MBA study.
The remainder of the academic year is organized into four, six-week terms of MBA classes, each meeting twice a week for two hours and 15 minutes. The term structure allows you to quickly move through material and to take electives sooner, which can better prepare you for your internship.
Supplemental workshops covering accounting, math and English language and business practices are available prior to orientation for incoming students who need or desire additional preparation.
"While academics are a strong focus during Global Institute, it's also a lot of fun, including Triangle Training and lots of socializing with your classmates." — Dipesh Shah, Class of 2013.Read more.
There are no classes on Wednesdays, but it's not a "free" day either. For many students, it's the busiest day of the week. Read more.
- Orientation (3 days)
- Summer: Global Institute (3.5 weeks). The Global Institute is a rigorous, integrative, and hands-on set of three courses emphasizing leadership in a global society. It provides a broad perspective on preparing you to lead and manage in a global environment in which commerce increasingly crosses national boundaries. The 3 courses include:
- Leadership, Ethics, and Organizations (LEO)
- Global Institutions and Environments (GIE)
- Consequential Leadership I (C-LEAD I)
- Fall 1 (6 weeks)
- Probability and Statistics
- Managerial Economics
- Financial Accounting
- Management Communication I
- Business Computer Applications
- Fall 2 (6 weeks)
- Global Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Foundations of Strategy
- Management Communication II
- Optional elective workshop in Managerial Improvisation
- Spring 1 (6 weeks)
- Operations Management
- Electives (2)
- Spring 2 (6 weeks)
- Electives (3)