During your first few weeks at Fuqua, you will participate in community service projects with groups including Habitat for Humanity of Durham. These projects will introduce you to the local community, and will inspire you to make a greater impact during your time here.
About 70 MBA students and their partners participated in this day of giving back to the community. Read more on this blog post.
Duke University is committed to applying knowledge in service to society, and Fuqua students embrace this mission with a culture of creating vs. extracting value. There are plenty of opportunities and causes to which Fuqua students can lend their talents and energy.
Examples of students making a difference include:
- Fuqua: COLE Leadership Fellows help classmates develop character, ethics, and leadership skills.
- Duke: Interdisciplinary initiatives with Duke's schools of law, the environment, public policy, and medicine. For example, the MEM/MBA Club.
- North Carolina: The biggest community service project students organize is the MBA Games, which sponsors the Special Olympics of North Carolina.
- USA: Our Net Impact Club, which won club of the year in 2012-13, works closely with affiliated chapters around the country to have a broad impact on the most important issues of our time.
- World: Through the Fuqua Client Consulting Practicum, students can opt to engage with social entrepreneurs and businesses in developing countries to provide on-site consultation.