At Duke, MBAs focused on Energy & Environment have a wealth of opportunities to engage beyond the classroom.
- Clubs: Students can join clubs including the Net Impact Club, Duke MBA Energy Club, and Duke MEM/MBA Club at Fuqua; the Business & Environment Club, Environmental Markets Group, and Energy Club at Nicholas School of the Environment; and campus-wide organizations like the Duke University Greening Initiative.
- Speakers: EDGE-sponsored speakers and networking events connect students with industry leaders. Past speakers have included Aubrey McLendon, CEO of Chesapeake Energy; John Replogle, CEO of Seventh Generation; and Hannah Jones, VP of Sustainable Business & Innovation at Nike.
- Trips: The Duke MBA Energy Club organizes two industry-focused trips—one to Houston and one to San Francisco—each year for networking, site visits, and speakers.
- Conferences: The annual Duke MBA Energy Conference and Duke Sustainable Business & Social Impact Conference at Duke's Fuqua School of Business explore industry trends and key issues in energy and corporate sustainability.
- Competitions: Duke students compete with the best and brightest MBAs globally in competitions like the Ross Renewable Energy Case Competition, Vestas Winnovation Case Challenge, Leeds Net Impact Case Competition, and the Sustainable Venture Capital Investment Competition.