Fuqua students and alumni benefit from the "Research Advantage," Fuqua's dedication to hiring and developing faculty members who excel at teaching while maintaining rigorous research programs. Fuqua faculty constantly contribute to both theoretical and applied research, and infuse their Fuqua courses with current research that's relevant to a range of business situations.
Predictably Irrational videos
Duke Professor Dan Ariely's book Predictably Irrational spent months on both the New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-seller lists. This video series features highlights of major topics of each chapter.
- Introduction: How an Injury Led Me to Irrationality
- Chapter 1: The Truth about Relativity
- Chapter 2: The Fallacy of Supply and Demand
- Chapter 3: The Cost of Zero
- Chapter 4: The Cost of Social Norms
- Chapter 5: The Influence of Arousal
- Chapter 6: The Problem of Procrastination and Self-Control
- Chapter 7: The High Price of Ownership
- Chaper 8: Keeping Doors Open
- Chapter 9: The Effect of Expectations
- Chapter 10: The Power of Price
- Chapters 11 and 12: The Context of Our Character
- Chapter 13: What is Behavioral Economics?