Fuqua students and alumni benefit from the "Research Advantage," Fuqua's dedication to hiring and developing faculty members who excel at teaching while maintaining rigorous research programs. Because the Fuqua faculty constantly makes contributions through both theoretical and applied research, Fuqua courses are infused with up-to-the-minute research content relevant to a range of business situations.
Research Advantage videos
This series of brief videos features faculty members describing recent research projects and their direct applications to the business world.
- Understanding Bank Runs
- What Makes Unethical Behavior Contagious?
- The Downward Spiral
- The White Standard of Leadership
- Learning from Crime: The Case of Overpriced Vitamins
- The MPG Illusion
- Apple Really Does Make You "Think Different"
- Assessing Size and Share of Customer Wallet
- Thoughts on: Corporate Social Responsibility
- The Economic Power - and Pitfalls - of Positive Thinking
- When to Have a Child? A New Approach to the Decision
- Entry and Competition in Generic Biologicals
- When Cookies Get the Cooties
- How to Give Customers the "Short End of the Stick"
Predictably Irrational videos
Duke Professor Dan Ariely's book Predictably Irrational spent months on both the New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-seller lists. This video series features highlights of major topics of each chapter.
- Introduction: How an Injury Led Me to Irrationality
- Chapter 1: The Truth about Relativity
- Chapter 2: The Fallacy of Supply and Demand
- Chapter 3: The Cost of Zero
- Chapter 4: The Cost of Social Norms
- Chapter 5: The Influence of Arousal
- Chapter 6: The Problem of Procrastination and Self-Control
- Chapter 7: The High Price of Ownership
- Chaper 8: Keeping Doors Open
- Chapter 9: The Effect of Expectations
- Chapter 10: The Power of Price
- Chapters 11 and 12: The Context of Our Character
- Chapter 13: What is Behavioral Economics?