Fuqua is a place where we work hard but find time to play—it's a way to grow both professionally and personally. A graduate experience that offers a life outside the classroom will cement your connection to the larger Fuqua network and strengthen your bonds with your MQM class.
The Distinguished Speaker Series (DSS) brings a variety of high-profile corporate leaders to share current business issues and corporate strategies. Past speakers include:
- Tim Cook, CEO, Apple - View YouTube videos
- Chad Dickerson, CEO, Etsy - View YouTube video
- Walter Robb, Co-CEO, Whole Foods - View YouTube video
- Bill McDermott, Co-Chief Executive Officer, SAP AG - View YouTube video
- Shelly Lazarus, Chairman Emeritus, Ogilvy & Mather - View YouTube video
- Bob McDonald, retired Chief Executive Officer, Procter & Gamble
- George Bodenheimer, President of ESPN, Inc. and ABC Sports
- Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Stephen Quinn, Executive VP and Chief Marketing Officer of Walmart U.S.
- Timothy Flynn, Chairman of KPMG LLP
- Beth Comstock, Senior VP and Chief Marketing Officer, GE
- Punit Renjen, Chairman, Deloitte, LLP
Networking events introduce you to recruiters who visit our campus, help you make valuable contacts, and ensure you feel comfortable in a professional environment.
We expect that you'll take time out of your studies to recharge. You'll benefit from some of our social activities including:
- Fuqua Friday where students (and their families), faculty, and staff gather for an end-of-the-week party with food, refreshments, beer, and wine.
- Fuqua Vision where student produce and show their own sketch comedy videos.
- Blue Devil Basketball games for an authentic Duke experience.
- Sports and social clubs where you'll build closer Fuqua friendships.
Also, on Duke's campus there are more than 400 student groups, cultural experiences—and for those who love to watch Duke Basketball, you're just a five-minute walk to the legendary Cameron Indoor Stadium.