International applicants are non-US citizens without US permanent residency.
All applicants are required to complete the core set of application materials; however, non-US applicants have additional application requirements and instructions, which are described below.
International (non-US citizen without US permanent residency) students are strongly encouraged to apply by the Round 2 deadline (Jan. 30, 2014) to ensure sufficient time for US visa processing.
The online application is currently unavailable. The new application, for the class starting in 2015, will be available in late-August.
- Transcripts and academic records must be in English.
- If your transcript is not in English, you must make arrangements to have it translated, attested, and uploaded in addition to the originals.
- Transcripts and academic records must include:
- Course name
- Grades received
- Degree name
- Degree date (or expected degree date)
- All records must be certified by an appropriate university official.
- If you did not complete the majority of your undergraduate degree from a school in which the primary language of instruction is English, you must have a valid TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score directly submitted to the admissions office.
- This language proficiency requirement is waived for international applicants holding non-technical master's degrees or non-technical doctorates from colleges or universities where the primary language of instruction is English.
- Scores are valid for 2 years.
- The test must be taken well in advance of your application round deadline, as it may take up to four weeks for scores to reach Fuqua.
- When requesting that your score be sent to Fuqua, please use the following mailing address:
Office of Admissions
Duke University's Fuqua School of Business
100 Fuqua Drive, Box 90120
Durham, NC 27708-0120
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- All applicants who complete the scholarship essay within the online application will be considered for a scholarship.
- Scholarship funds are limited and do not cover the full cost of tuition and expenses.
- Scholarship awards, if received, will be announced within two weeks of the admission decision release.
More information available on the MMS: DKU Costs & Financial Aid page.
If you are offered admission to the MMS: DKU program, you must submit your tuition deposit to begin the US student visa application process. Upon receipt of your deposit payment verification, we will email you a link to a visa web form. You must complete the form and submit all required documentation by the visa deadline that corresponds to your application round:
| Application Round
|| Visa Deadline|
|| Feb. 12, 2014|
|| April 14, 2014|
|| May 2, 2014|
If we do not receive your visa web form and paperwork at least 6 weeks before the start of the MMS: DKU program (July 2014), your offer of admission may be cancelled.
Tips and Guidelines for US Visa
- Review the visa check list to learn what documentation is required for your visa application. The check list will be emailed to you after we receive verification of your deposit payment.
- Once Duke Visa Services receives your completed web form and its supporting documentation from Fuqua, your visa documents (including your I-20) will be issued by Duke Visa Services within 2 calendar weeks.
- Upon receipt of your Duke-issued I-20, you will receive instructions about paying your mandatory Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee and how to schedule your visa stamp interview with a US Embassy.
If you are currently studying at a US institution:
- You must transfer your SEVIS file to Duke University within 60 days of graduating from your current institution.
- Do Not Travel Outside the US: While your transfer is in process, we highly recommend you DO NOT travel outside the US until you have your new Duke-issued I-20 in-hand. It will be required upon re-entry to the US. If you must travel outside the US before you have your Duke-issued I-20, please contact the Duke Visa Services office for guidance.