If you are offered admission to the MMS: DKU program, you must submit your tuition deposit to begin the US student visa application process. Upon receipt of your deposit payment verification, we will email you a link to a visa web form. You must complete the form and submit all required documentation by the visa deadline that corresponds to your application round:
||Feb. 11, 2015|
|| April 12, 2015|
|| May 1, 2015|
If we do not receive your visa web form and paperwork at least 6 weeks before the start of the MMS: DKU program (July 2015), your offer of admission may be cancelled.
Tips and Guidelines for US Visa
- Review the visa check list to learn what documentation is required for your visa application. The check list will be emailed to you after we receive verification of your deposit payment.
- Once Duke Visa Services receives your completed web form and its supporting documentation from Fuqua, your visa documents (including your I-20) will be issued by Duke Visa Services within 2 calendar weeks.
- Upon receipt of your Duke-issued I-20, you will receive instructions about paying your mandatory Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee and how to schedule your visa stamp interview with a US Embassy.
If you are currently studying at a US institution:
- You must transfer your SEVIS file to Duke University within 60 days of graduating from your current institution.
- Do Not Travel Outside the US: While your transfer is in process, we highly recommend you DO NOT travel outside the US until you have your new Duke-issued I-20 in-hand. It will be required upon re-entry to the US. If you must travel outside the US before you have your Duke-issued I-20, please contact the Duke Visa Services office for guidance.