Get a front row seat to different industries and employers during the program. On-site visits are an ideal way to get firsthand knowledge of a company or business industry. Tour the workspace, meet employees and managers through panel discussions, and get a sense of the type of work that is done there. You'll learn about the industry, job functions, and current business challenges from company representatives and leaders, some of whom are Duke alumni.
Corporate visits to organizations in cities like Atlanta, New York, and Washington. DC, may be organized by leaders of the MMS student clubs during breaks, while visits in and around Kunshan and Shanghai will take place during your China residency. Suzhou Industrial Park, where 88 of the Fortune 500 companies have invested, is a short trip from Duke Kunshan University, and the world business capital of Shanghai is 20 minutes away.
Some of the organizations you might visit during your US and China residencies include:
- Disney Shanghai — the first Disney resort in mainland China
- BMW China — a major automotive company
- China Resources Group — a State Owned Enterprise (SOE) with holdings in multiple industries
- Ogilvy & Mather — an international advertising, marketing, and public relations agency
- MacQuairie Capital — a diversified financial services provider
- NOMURA Securities International — a global investment banking and securities firm
- Bloomberg — a business and financial news conglomerate
- Accenture — a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company
- ABB — a multinational company and leader in power and automation technologies
- Burt's Bees — a US-based producer of environmentally friendly personal care products
- Cisco Systems, Inc. — a global leader in internet networking
- Washington Nationals — a major league US baseball team
- Agricultural Bank of China, Private Wealth — SOE in financial services
- Nielsen China — an international marketing services organization
- P&G China — a multinational consumer products company
Is there a corporation you're interested in visiting? Do you have a personal connection to someone at a leading company and think they might be interested in hosting a student group? Let us know about it and we'll reach out to the corporation.