An increasing number of recruiters find themselves at Duke and Fuqua each year, which means more opportunity for our MMS: DKU students. Your job search should be an equal balance of your on-campus opportunities in the US and your off-campus networking. Using the resources at Fuqua, DKU, and Duke's expansive global alumni network, you can count on interacting with a variety of employers. You can start creating your professional network by reaching out to leading global and local businesses and non-profits through job postings, corporate events, and alumni.
Examples of recruiting events:
- Shadowing: Observe business professionals to learn more about their daily responsibilities and routine.
- Panel Discussions: Learn about typical career paths, get a sense of the typical workday for industry professionals, and network with recruiters during receptions.
- Office Hours: Engage in casual interactions with business professionals.
- Corporate Presentations: Learn more about companies you're interested in.
- Networking Receptions: Mingle with corporate representatives.
- Webinars: Participate in webinars hosted by recruiters and learn about a company's leadership development programs and hiring landscape.
- Company Meet & Greets: Meet with recruiters or other company representatives in an informal group setting to network, and learn more about companies and their job opportunities.
Other networking opportunities include:
- Career fairs
- Case competitions
- Mock interview events
- Student club events
On-campus recruiting activities during your US residency often include first-round interviews held at either the Duke or the Fuqua Career Management Center, typically beginning in late September. In the spring you will have the opportunity to make connections with multinationals and national organizations in China. Be engaged, be social, and be on top of your game. You're not the only one taking notes. Balancing your academics with your on- and off-campus job search will test your multi-tasking skills and prove that you have what it takes to earn a front row seat in the corporate world.
The CMC brings recruiters in, but it's your job to impress them. Dress the part, think big, and remember your Fuqua training.