All applicants for the Class of 2016 are required to complete the core set of application materials; however, non-US applicants have additional application requirements and instructions, which are described below.
International students who require an F-1 visa, who are not already studying in the U.S., and are eligible for a transfer MUST apply by the Round 2 deadline (Jan. 29, 2015) to ensure sufficient time for visa processing. All other international students are strongly encouraged to apply by the Round 2 deadline.
- Transcripts and academic records must be in English.
- If your materials are not in English, you must submit both original and translated documents.
- Transcripts and academic records must include:
- Course names
- Grades received
- Degree name
- Degree date (or expected degree date)
- All records must be certified by an appropriate university official.
- TOEFL, IELTS or PTE
- If you did not complete the majority of your undergraduate degree at a school where the primary language of Instructions is English, you must have a valid TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score directly submitted to the admissions office.
- This language proficiency requirement is waived for international applicants holding non-technical master's degrees or non-technical doctorates from colleges or universities where the primary language of instruction is English.
- Scores are valid for 2 years.
- The test must be taken well in advance of your application round deadline, as it may take up to four weeks for scores to reach Fuqua.
- When requesting that your score be sent to Fuqua, please use the following mailing address:
Office of Admissions
Duke University's Fuqua School of Business
100 Fuqua Drive, Box 90120
Durham, NC 27708-0120
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Use Duke program code 5156
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Fuqua accepts the academic modules of the IELTS.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Use Fuqua program code Q13-N5-19
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- All applicants who complete the scholarship essay within the online application will be considered for a merit-based scholarship.
- Scholarship funds are limited and available in amounts up to the full cost of tuition.
- Scholarship awards, if received, will be announced within two weeks of the admission decision release.
- An International Student Loan program that does not require a US co-signer is available to international students.
- Visa Processing
If you are offered admission to the MMS: FOB program, you must submit your tuition deposit to begin the visa application process. Upon receipt of your deposit, we will email you a link to a visa web form. You must complete the form and submit all required documentation by the visa deadline that corresponds to your application round:
Application Round Visa Deadline 1 Feb. 11, 2015 2 April 14, 2015 3 May 1, 2015
Visa Tips and Guidelines
- Review the visa check list, which will be emailed to you after we receive your deposit, to learn what documentation is required for your visa application
- Once Duke Visa Services receives your completed web form and its supporting documentation from Fuqua, your visa documents (including your I-20) will be issued by Duke Visa Services within 2 calendar weeks.
- Upon receipt of your Duke-issued I-20, you will receive instructions about paying your mandatory Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee and how to schedule your visa stamp interview with a US Embassy. If admitted and paying your deposit via wire transfer, we recommend that you pay your SEVIS fee with your deposit to avoid paying the wire transfer fee twice.
If you are currently studying at a US institution:
- You must transfer your SEVIS file to Duke University within 60 days of graduating from your current institution.
- Do Not Travel Outside the US: While your transfer is in process, we highly recommend you DO NOT travel outside the US until you have your new Duke-issued I-20 in-hand. It will be required upon re-entry to the US. If you must travel outside the US before you have your Duke-issued I-20, please contact the Duke Visa Services office for guidance.