Job before Fuqua
Job after Fuqua
The first step toward a business career you're passionate about is made when you walk through the door. Your job search begins at orientation, where you get a quick rundown of the career development and job search process. Getting started early increases your chances of a smooth transition from being a student to becoming a working professional.
Our Career Management Center (CMC) keeps you engaged in the process as you move through the program with additional training and workshops that build on your Business Communications courses. This additional insight and resource give you the career development skills to put your best foot forward when entering the job market.
CMC offerings are customized to meet student needs and include:
- Industry Panel Discussions: Panel discussions with alumni and corporate representatives give you an in-depth look at potential business careers.
- Relationship Building: Networking is an essential professional skill regardless of your career goals. Learn how to build and manage your network, request information, and get tips on informational interviewing.
- Branding & Developing a Strategic Job Search Plan: Develop a strategic plan for branding and marketing yourself. Once you make a plan, a CMC executive coach will review it and help align your goals with effective actions.
- Professional Correspondence & Resume Development: Learn useful guidelines for creating a professional cover letter and resume that best represents your passions and interests. You'll work one-on-one with a career coach to refine your resume, and will exchange resumes with your classmates to make additional edits and put them into "Fuqua format."
- Behavioral Interviewing: Learn how to respond to behavioral questions that are commonly asked during job interviews.
- Mock Interviews: Get one-on-one advice from recruiters and business leaders about interviewing.