The Duke MBA
Earning an MBA is a significant investment, and we are committed to making the Duke MBA accessible to all qualified candidates. To help alleviate some of the financial stress you may be facing, we offer an application fee reduction and an application fee waiver.
Qualification information and instructions are below:
Application Fee Reduction
Visiting with Duke admissions officers, students, and alumni is incredibly helpful in understanding the Team Fuqua culture. We understand that traveling to campus may be a financial challenge. To help alleviate some of the financial stress you may be facing, you may qualify for an application fee reduction by participating in an admissions event or receiving a referral.
If you qualify for the reduction, you will be able to submit an application for 2012 - 2013 for $125, instead of the usual $225 fee.
To qualify for the reduced application fee of $125, applicants must fulfill at least one of the below requirements:
1. Receive a referral or recommendation from a Fuqua student or alumnus/alumna:
2. Register for and attend at least one of the following activities between July 1, 2012 to June 20, 2013:
- Open House
- Information Session
- Informational Luncheon
- Meet & Greet
- After attending one of the above qualifying events, choose the "fee reduction" option within the online application, PRIOR to submitting your application. This is the only way to receive the fee reduction. You will not qualify for the fee reduction if you submit your application before attending an event, and we cannot offer refunds after an application is submitted.
Application Fee Waivers
If you qualify for a waiver, you will be able to submit an application for 2012 - 2013 at no cost, instead of the usual $225 fee.
To qualify, you must meet one or more of the following conditions:
- You are active duty military personnel, U.S. active reserve, or you were honorably discharged or completed your service (within the last 3 years). Only voluntary service is valid. Mandatory service may not be used for qualification.
- You are an active participant or alumnus/alumna of the Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, or Teach for America.
- You are a member of the Forte Foundation or Management Leadership for Tomorrow.
- You attend one of Fuqua's diversity events:
- The Duke MBA Workshop for Minority Applicants
- The Duke MBA Weekend for Women
- The Duke MBA LGBT Weekend
- You receive Fuqua Admissions Committee approval. To receive approval, you must contact the admissions office and explain your need for a fee waiver. Once you receive committee approval, you must note the name of the committee member granting approval within the online application.