The Duke MBA
The interview is an opportunity for you to provide a more personal explanation of your background and interests. It's also an opportunity for you to learn more about the program. Your application is not complete without an interview.
- An interview is required as part of your application
- Interviews may take place in-person or by phone
- Interviews are approximately 30 - 45 minutes in length
Contact a Counselor: Prior to the interview, you are strongly encouraged to speak with an Admissions Counselor who will provide feedback on your candidacy, offer insight into the admissions process, and ensure that you make the most of your interview.
Schedule an Interview:
- Your interview can be scheduled at any point in the application process
- Schedule your interview at your earliest convenience as interview slots may fill quickly
- Use our online scheduling system to register
- The system is not connected to the online application, so you will need to create a unique account for each.
- The system will not allow you to schedule an interview less than 4 days in advance of your selected date. However, if you are within the 4-day window, contact us at +1.919.660.7705, and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
- Cancellations: If you must cancel or reschedule your interview, use the online scheduling system. Changes cannot be made less than 48 hours before your visit. If you have last minute changes, call +1.919.660.7705.
Review the Cross Continent application section for more details about interviews.
To help you experience The Duke MBA curriculum, culture, and community, we offer a variety of activities during our Open Houses. Join us for an exciting day that may include:
- Informational sessions on curriculum, academic preparation, career services, and the application process
- Informational breakout sessions for individual MBA programs
- Class observation
- Lunch with current students
- Alumni question and answer panel
- Networking sessions with staff and faculty
- Opportunity to speak with a representative from Health Sector Management
Interviews: If you have decided which program best fits your career goals and are ready for an interview to complete your application, you may request one during your Open House visit. Interviews will be offered prior to the Open House event at 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. We will try our best to accommodate your preferred schedule. On Saturdays, interview availability may be limited, and priority will be given to out of town guests.
You are welcome to attend a variety of our prospective student events to help you decide which of our programs is right for you. Visit the main Admissions Events calendar to see events for all our programs.
Health Sector Management
Inclement Weather Policy
For Durham Visitors: When Duke's severe weather or emergency conditions policy is activated, Fuqua's admissions office may be closed or delayed in opening. Monitor the Duke website for alerts on closings and delays.
If you cannot make it to campus because of severe weather, email the admissions office and provide your name, contact information, and your affected campus visit and interview schedule. We will contact you to reschedule your interview and visit.
If you must cancel or reschedule your visit or interview, please use our online scheduling system. Changes cannot be made less than 48 hours before your visit. If you have last minute changes, please call +1.919.660.7705.