The Duke MBA
Application Fee Waivers
You may qualify for an application fee waiver if you meet one or more of the following conditions:
- You are active duty military, U.S. active reserve, or you were honorably discharged/completed service (within 3 years). Only voluntary service is valid. Mandatory service may not be used for qualification.
- You are an active participant or alumnus/alumna of the Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, or Teach for America.
- You receive Fuqua Admissions Committee Approval. Include the reason for waiver request and the name of the committee member granting approval.
- You are a member of the Forte Foundation or Management Leadership for Tomorrow.
- You attend one of four diversity events: The Duke MBA Workshop for Minority Applicants, The Duke MBA Weekend for Women, The Duke MBA LGBT Weekend or The Duke MBA Military Symposium. You must have received an invitation to attend (where applicable) AND have attended the event in order to qualify for a fee waiver. Please indicate which event you attended and the date of the event.
IMPORTANT: Please be certain that you have selected an Application Round in the Personal Information section of the application prior to filling out the fee reduction section.
Allow a minimum of two business days for our staff to process your application fee waiver once you have provided the information above. You will receive a fee waiver confirmation via email when your waiver has been activated. Do NOT submit your application if asked for credit card information upon submission. We cannot issue refunds for your application fee.
Application Fee Reduction
You may qualify for a reduced application fee in two ways—by attending a qualifying event or by securing an alumni or current student recommendation.
Event: A reduced application fee of $125 may be applied if you have registered for AND have attended a qualifying event hosted by The Fuqua School of Business between July 1, 2012, and June 30, 2013. Within the Application Fee Reduction section of your online application, please include event type, location and month of attendance. DO NOT indicate that you qualify for the reduced fee unless you have already made plans to attend an event.
Qualifying events include: Campus Visits and Information Sessions. We encourage you to visit our campus in Durham, NC, by attending a Campus Visit to learn more about our culture, our students, our professors and our facilities. If a trip to our campus is not feasible, we invite you to join us for an Information Session hosted in various locations across the world to qualify for the application fee reduction.
Events that do NOT qualify include: Virtual Information Sessions and MBA Fairs.
Alumni or Current Student Recommendation: You may also qualify for a reduced application fee by obtaining a Fuqua alumni or current student recommendation. Within the Application Fee Reduction section of your online application, please include the name, program (Daytime, Master of Management Studies: Foundations of Business, Cross Continent, Weekend Executive, or Global Executive), year of graduation (if known), and the email address of the person who submitted your recommendation.
Important: Select an Application Round in the Personal Information section of the application prior to filling out the fee reduction section. Allow a minimum of two business days for our staff to process your application fee reduction once you have provided the necessary information and saved the "Application Fee Waiver Information" section of your application. DO NOT submit your application prior to receiving a confirmation email that the reduced application fee has been applied to your application. We cannot issue refunds for your payment.