Congratulations! You've decided to apply to the Global Executive MBA program. Below you will find detailed instructions about how to apply. We appreciate your attention to ensuring your application package is complete as only complete application packages will be reviewed by the admissions committee. There are additional application requirements and instructions for international students and re-applicants.
If you have any questions about the application, contact Admissions Counselor Anna Fernandez at 1.919.660-8069 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She's here to guide you through the admissions process.
- The Global Executive MBA application can only be submitted online.
- You will need to create a user ID and password to access the system.
- Detailed instructions are available in the online system.
- You may access the application as many times as you like before submitting it.
- Your application will not be evaluated until you submit it and all supporting materials are received and verified.
- Legible, scanned copies of all official transcripts are required for each college or university you have attended.
- Each course taken and the grade received must be listed on the transcript(s).
- The "degree received" and "date conferred" must be clearly visible on your transcripts.
- If your transcript(s) do not state the degree and date conferred, please upload a copy of your diploma in addition to the transcript.
- All transcripts must be in English. If they are not in English, you must submit both original and translated documents.
- Unacceptable transcripts include self-reported transcripts and scanned copies of unofficial transcripts.
When to Submit Hard Copies of Official Transcripts: After you are accepted into the Global Executive MBA program, you must submit hard copies of official transcript(s) in a sealed envelope from each college or university you attended.
Transcript Requests: Refer to the "Transcript Request Form" in the "downloadable forms" section on the online application. This form may be sent to the registrar of each college or university you've attended. This form is not part of the official application; it's simply provided to assist you in obtaining required information for your application.
- Two essays are required for all applicants.
- Responses should be no more than 2 pages, using 1.5 line spacing and a font size no smaller than 10-point.
2012 - 2013 Essay Questions:
- We find that our students apply to our programs for a variety of personal and professional reasons. What do you hope to gain from The Duke MBA and how will it support you in your personal and professional goals? If you are interested in a specific concentration or the HSM certificate, please discuss in this essay.
- A significant amount of the learning takes place through students sharing both inside and outside the classroom. Describe how your overall experience, both personally and professionally, will benefit your classmates.
- A business resume is required.
- Include employment information and relevant volunteer work. State locations, titles, dates, and responsibilities starting with your most recent position.
- The education section should include dates of attendance and degrees received.
- Two recommendations are required.
- One recommendation must be from your current supervisor.
- Your recommenders must complete the online recommendation forms associated with the application. Submissions by email or mail are NOT accepted.
- Use your recommenders' work email addresses versus personal accounts, like Gmail or Yahoo, which will be more closely monitored in our credentials verification process.
- Recommendations from relatives and friends are strongly discouraged.
Recommendation Form Questions:
- Please describe the peer group to which you are comparing the applicant.
- Comment on the applicant's interpersonal skills (effectiveness in establishing and maintaining relationships; working with peers, supervisors, and subordinates; willingness to work in a team environment).
- What do you consider the applicant's three primary talents or strengths? Please provide examples, if relevant.
- In what areas does the applicant need improvement or growth? If you have had the opportunity to provide the applicant with constructive feedback, please provide specific examples of the feedback and the applicant's response to it.
- A non-refundable 225 USD application fee, payable by VISA or MasterCard, is due when you submit your online application.
- See if you qualify for an application fee waiver or reduction.
International Applicants: Review additional application instructions here.
Re-applicants: Review additional application instructions here.