Congratulations! You've decided to apply to the Global Executive MBA program. Below you will find detailed instructions about how to apply. We appreciate your attention to ensuring your application package is complete as only complete application packages will be reviewed by the admissions committee. There are additional application requirements and instructions for international students and re-applicants.
If you have any questions about the application, contact Admissions Counselor Diane Eytcheson at 1.919.660.7705 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She's here to guide you through the admissions process.
The application for the class of 2017 is now available. Apply now.
- 1. Online Application
- The Global Executive MBA application can only be submitted online.
- You will need to create a user ID and password to access the system.
- Detailed instructions are available in the online system.
- You may access the application as many times as you like before submitting it.
- Your application will not be evaluated until you submit it and all supporting materials are received and verified.
- 2. Transcripts
- In the online application, upload a legible, scanned transcript for each college or university you have attended, even if a degree was not awarded.
- Each course taken and the grade received must be listed on the transcript(s).
- The "degree received" and "date conferred" must be clearly visible on your transcripts.
- If your transcript(s) do not state the degree and date conferred, please upload a copy of your diploma in addition to the transcript.
- All transcripts must be in English. If they are not in English, you must submit both original and translated documents.
- Unacceptable transcripts include self-reported transcripts and scanned copies of unofficial transcripts.
When to Submit Official Transcripts: Once you are accepted into the MBA program, you must then submit official transcript(s) and translations (if applicable) from each college or university you attended. These copies must be received in conjunction with your tuition deposit at the designated deadline for your application round.
To complete this requirement, you may send an electronic copy of your official transcript(s) to email@example.com from each college or university you attended. Or, you may elect to have hard copies sent in a sealed envelope directly from each college or university you attended to the address below:
The Fuqua School of Business
Office of Admissions
100 Fuqua Drive, Box 90120
Durham, NC 27708-0120
Failure to submit official transcripts on time, or any misrepresentation, falsification, or omission of information, is grounds for automatic revocation of any offer of admission and financial assistance.
Transcript Requests: Refer to the "Transcript Request Form" in the "downloadable forms" section on the online application. This form may be sent to the registrar of each college or university you've attended. This form is not part of the official application; it's simply provided to assist you in obtaining required information for your application.
- 3. Essays
- One short answer question and 2 essays are required for all applicants.
- Responses should be submitted within the online application.
- All essays must be completed before submitting your online application.
- All essays are scanned using plagiarism detection software. Plagiarism is considered a cheating violation within the Honor Code and will not be tolerated in the admissions process.
Prepare your responses carefully. The Admissions Committee considers your answers important in the selection process. You may also submit an optional essay (details below) to explain any extenuating circumstances about which the Admissions Committee should be aware.
Required Short Answer Question:
- What are your career goals? Respond in a maximum of 100 words.
Required Essay Questions:
- How will your skills, training and background enhance your cohort's experience? Please include both personal and professional insight that may not be apparent through your resume and other application materials. Your response should be a maximum of 250 words.
- Duke University is embedded in the world's most important economic regions. As a result, our students experience a unique learning environment in which programs are delivered on 4 different continents, by our world-renowned faculty. Our diverse student cohorts represent a vast array of professional backgrounds, nationalities, interests, and experiences. Serving students who are also working professionals, The Duke MBA—Global Executive program allows student to apply new skills immediately in the workplace and reap the benefits from their first-hand global experiences. Explain how you and your organization will benefit from the global education offered at Duke. Your response should be a maximum of 500 words.
If you feel there are extenuating circumstances of which the admissions committee should be aware, please explain them here (e.g. unexplained gaps in work, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, significant weakness in your application). Do NOT upload additional essays nor additional recommendations in this area. The Optional Essay is intended to provide the admissions committee with insight into your extenuating circumstances only.
If you applied to The Duke MBA in the previous admissions cycle, you are considered a re-applicant and are required to complete the Re-applicant Essay, in addition to the other required short answer question and essays.
It is not uncommon for it to take more than one try to achieve a goal. Please share with us the self-reflection process that you underwent after last year's application and how you have grown as a result. How did it shape your commitment to Fuqua and inspire your decision to reapply?
- 4. Resume
- A business resume is required.
- Include employment information and relevant volunteer work. State locations, titles, dates, and responsibilities starting with your most recent position.
- The education section should include dates of attendance and degrees received.
- 5. Letters of Recommendation
- Two recommendations are required.
- One recommendation must be from your current supervisor.
- Proprietors or principals of a company may provide a recommendation from a client, board member or other professional colleague.
- Your recommenders must complete the online recommendation forms associated with the application. Submissions by email or mail are NOT accepted.
- Use your recommenders' work email addresses versus personal accounts, like Gmail or Yahoo, which will be more closely monitored in our credentials verification process.
- Recommendations from relatives and friends are strongly discouraged.
Recommendation Form Questions:
- Please describe the peer group to which you are comparing the applicant.
- Comment on the applicant's interpersonal skills (effectiveness in establishing and maintaining relationships; working with peers, supervisors, and subordinates; willingness to work in a team environment).
- What do you consider the applicant's three primary talents or strengths? Please provide examples, if relevant.
- In what areas does the applicant need improvement or growth? If you have had the opportunity to provide the applicant with constructive feedback, please provide specific examples of the feedback and the applicant's response to it.
- 6. Letter of Support
- A letter from your current employer outlining your company's support of time is required.
- This letter may also include information about your employer's financial commitment, but financial sponsorship is not required.
- Proprietors or principals of a company can provide a letter of self-sponsorship
- 7. Application Fee
- A non-refundable 225 USD application fee, payable by VISA or MasterCard, is due when you submit your online application.
- See if you qualify for an application fee waiver.
International Applicants: Review additional application instructions here.
Re-applicants: Review additional application instructions here.