- Two essays are required for all applicants.
- Responses should be submitted within the online application.
- Responses should be no more than 2 pages, using 1.5 line spacing and a font size no smaller than 10-point.
2013 - 2014 Required Essay Questions
- Beyond what we can see on your resume, we'd like to learn more about the scope of your professional experience. Please tell us about a recent work project. How was the project related to the greater mission of your company, what role did you play, and what specific responsibilities did you have? Discuss the challenges you faced, their resolution, and what you learned about yourself and your colleagues in the process.
- We find that our students apply to our programs for a variety of reasons and that each person brings a unique perspective to the program that adds to the learning experience inside and outside the classroom. What do you hope to gain from the Duke MBA and how will your skills, training, and background enhance your cohort's experience? Please include both personal and professional insight that may not be apparent through your resume and other application materials.
"Team Fuqua" describes the essence of the student culture at The Fuqua School of Business. A Fuqua student is successful when he/she inspires and supports the success of others. We value diverse thought and collaboration. Thus, we award merit scholarships based on commendable performance in academics, work, extracurricular activities and what a student can uniquely contribute to our diverse learning environment.
If you would like to be considered for a scholarship, in 500 words or less, please describe a situation when you have worked collaboratively with a diverse group of people to gain success. What did success look like? What were your challenges? What did you learn from the situation?