The Duke MBA
Learn more about Duke's HSM program
HSM Impact Blog
The evolution of the health sector into one of the most intricate, dynamic, and far-reaching industries in the world has fueled the demand for leaders with both business acumen and exceptional insight into the complexities of the industry. Equally critical is the need for creative, new approaches to improve patient outcomes, access to care, and cost management strategies.
The Duke MBA Health Sector Management (HSM) program—the largest health industry program among top U.S. business schools—offers interdisciplinary studies that leverage Duke University's longstanding leadership in business education, research, and clinical care. Students work closely with faculty and industry leaders to explore health care's most pressing issues, among them service delivery models, financing alternatives, patient and provider relationships, and organizational processes. With their understanding of the industry, applicable skill sets, and professional network, HSM graduates become leaders of consequence within the global health sector.
HSM Certificates are offered across Fuqua's world-class MBA degree programs:
- The Duke MBA—Daytime Health Sector Management: a full-time residency program that immerses students in health care issues.
- The Duke MBA—Cross Continent Health Sector Management: a program that combines online learning with residencies across the globe.
- The Duke MBA—Weekend Executive Health Sector Management: a program for professionals who seek a Duke MBA while continuing to work full time.
- The Duke MBA—Global Executive Health Sector Management: a program for experienced professionals that combines online learning with international residencies.
In addition, HSM offers:
- The HSM Alumni Certificate: a supplementary credential for Fuqua alumni seeking to strengthen their health care expertise.