If you are offered admission to the MMS program, you must submit your tuition deposit to begin the visa application process. Upon receipt of your deposit, we will email you a link to a visa web form. You must complete the form and submit all required documentation by the visa deadline that corresponds to your application round:
If we do not receive your visa web form and paperwork at least 6 weeks before the start of the MMS program (July 2013), your offer of admission may be canceled.
|| Visa Deadline|
|| Feb. 11, 2013|
|| April 5, 2013|
|| April 29, 2013|
Visa Tips and Guidelines
- Review the visa checklist, which will be emailed to you after we receive your deposit, to learn what documentation is required for your visa application
- Once Duke Visa Services receives your completed web form and its supporting documentation from Fuqua, your visa documents (including your I-20) will be issued by Duke Visa Services within 2 calendar weeks.
- Upon receipt of your Duke-issued I-20, you will receive instructions about paying your mandatory Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee and how to schedule your visa stamp interview with a US Embassy. If admitted and paying your deposit via wire transfer, we recommend that you pay your SEVIS fee with your deposit to avoid paying the wire transfer fee twice.
For Current Students at a US Institution
- You must transfer your SEVIS file to Duke University within 60 days of graduating from your current institution.
- Do Not Travel Outside the US: While your transfer is in process, we highly recommend you DO NOT travel outside the US until you have your new Duke-issued I-20 in-hand. It will be required upon re-entry to the US. If you must travel outside the US before you have your Duke-issued I-20, please contact the Duke Visa Services office for guidance.