Board Member Responsibilities:
- To participate in two meetings on campus each year (usually April and November). Board members cover travel and accommodation costs. Fuqua covers activity and event costs.
- To actively serve on board committees.
- “Fly your Fuqua flag.” Advocate for Fuqua with prospective students, at your employer, and in communities around the world.
- Share your knowledge about Fuqua’s activities, priorities, and opportunities for alumni engagement with the wider alumni community.
- Serve as a liaison to the school for alumni feedback, concerns, and ideas.
- Help keep the Minority Alumni Advisory Board diverse and vibrant by supporting efforts to attract strong candidates to the Board.
- To increase Fuqua's efficiency and effectiveness in identifying, recruiting and yielding underrepresented minority students.
- To increase institutional support for minority students.
- Understand Fuqua’s needs for philanthropic support from alumni and advocate for Fuqua’s fundraising efforts.
- Be a member of the Keller Leadership Donor Society with a gift of at least $2,500 per year ($1,000 for recent graduates).
Current Minority Alumni Advisory Board Leadership and Membership
The Board is currently led by Chair Noelle Owusu-Akyaw ’12, Daytime MBA ’17, and Vice Chair Michele Payne, Daytime MBA ’87. Visit our roster to see who is currently serving on the Board.