- With guidance from the University, we have suspended all in-person on- and off-campus events until further notice. We are continuing to monitor the situation and the University has established an official website with the latest news and information on Duke policies and actions, which will continue to guide our decisions.
- Fuqua also continually monitors local circumstances in our Global Executive residency cities and countries, while staying alert to the concerns or travel constraints of students and their sponsoring organizations. While we are committed to maintaining geographic and cultural diversity across our selection of residency locations, Fuqua may relocate a Global Executive MBA residency from one city to another as conditions change in different parts of the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Duke University leaders have been monitoring and adapting guidance related to COVID-19. We are very fortunate to have some of the best healthcare professionals in the world guiding our decisions on the university level. Duke took immediate steps to ensure we are doing everything possible to minimize the health and safety risks to students, faculty, staff and the wider community in response to COVID-19. Fuqua is open for business but in different ways than we were operating earlier this year. Our goal is to enable as many of our students who are able and who choose to participate in an on-campus experience this fall to do so. Fuqua’s faculty and staff are working to create dynamic and flexible educational options to ensure we can meet all needs: in-person instruction conducted in classrooms on campus, fully online courses that take advantage of the best pedagogy and technology available for remote education, and hybrid courses that involve some combination of in-person and online instruction.
Our Career Management Center continues to work virtually with students providing office hours, coaching and supporting their efforts to schedule interviews with employers.
Bottom line: Our goal is to maintain the same level of educational excellence that we have always provided through safe virtual means.
Community means everything to us at Fuqua. During this time though, your safety and the safety of our community is our top priority. With guidance from the University, we have suspended all on-campus activities at Duke's Fuqua School of Business, and have put in place work-related travel restrictions for off-campus events, until further notice. We are continuing to monitor the situation and the University has established an official website with the latest news and information on Duke policies and actions, which will continue to guide our decisions. We are following Duke University’s guidance on social distancing, and our campus is currently closed. All staff and faculty, except for a few members who have been deemed critical to be on campus, are now working remotely. Therefore, you should not travel to campus.
We continue to offer virtual opportunities for you to learn more about our programs, and we encourage to review the list of upcoming virtual events. We will communicate with the community once campus is reopened.
Despite the disruptions caused by COVD-19, we encourage you to stay connected with our community and us in the following ways:
- Check our virtual events page for updates.
- Follow us on Instagram and view the Instagram takeovers our students have done recently.
- Check out the latest news from Fuqua on our Facebook page!
- Subscribe to get important emails and event notifications.
- Email our Global Executive MBA Admissions team to schedule a time to chat.
With guidance from the University and your safety in mind, we have decided to move all of our in-person campus visits and open houses to virtual events until further notice. We understand that a campus visit is an important step for prospective students in selecting the school that is right for them. Our team is currently in the process of creating some exciting virtual opportunities for you to engage with the Fuqua community and explore our campus and look forward to sharing more details with you in the coming weeks!
The Admissions Team is working remotely and continuing to meet virtually to evaluate applications and make decisions. Therefore, the release of your admissions decision will not be impacted or delayed by COVID-19. In addition, we have made some adjustments to the admissions process given some of the challenges applicants have faced with submitting a complete application.
• Both GMAC and ETS, the administrators of the GMAT, Executive Assessment (EA), and GRE tests, respectively, have virtual options for taking the exams. Please visit the testing agency websites for up to date information (GMAT and GRE). Fuqua accepts the GMAT, EA, and GRE without preference for one test over the other. If you would like to request a test waiver, please contact the Executive MBA Admissions at email@example.com.
One thing that has not changed due to this crisis is our commitment to helping you during the admissions process. If you have any questions or concerns, you are more than welcome to contact us and speak with a member of the admissions team.
We believe the interview process is a great opportunity for you to meet with members of the Fuqua community. However, our number one priority is the health of our students, alumni, and prospective students. Given travel restrictions and social distancing guidelines, we will continue to conduct all interviews virtually.
We are very much aware of your unique challenges and that a growing number of US Embassies and Consulates are putting Visa appointments on hold. We encourage you, however, to continue to submit your paperwork to us as soon as possible, so that we can issue your I-20 and you can explore options for scheduling an appointment at the earliest date possible, either at the embassy in your home country or the nearest one outside your home country. We are making plans for international incoming students to still be able to start the program, even if they are delayed in physically getting to Durham.
Below is some advice we have about getting your visa paperwork completed:
- We strongly urge you not to delay in submitting your visa documentation in your student portal. Our team is working hard to quickly process documents so that your I-20 can be mailed as soon as possible. (for security reasons, the U.S. cannot send I-20s electronically). Note: please do NOT wait for your Re Vera credential verification to complete, as the verification process can sometimes take months.
- Once you receive your I-20, please schedule your visa interview at the US embassy or consulate in your home country as soon as possible. If that is not possible, you may want to inquire about scheduling an interview at another US embassy or consulate outside your local area that IS scheduling appointments.
- Through our communication with government agencies, we know that some areas may experience a backlog in requests or wait times that are longer than expected. To ensure that your visa will be processed in time to start the program, we ask you to complete this process as soon as possible.
- We would also suggest you check daily with the US consulate or embassy in your home country to see if appointments open up and you are able to get an earlier date.
- We cannot advise you on whether it is better to take the 1st available appointment (even if it is after the start date of the program) or to continue to check for an earlier appointment. The best advice is to speak to someone directly at your nearest US Embassy or Consulate to inquire.
- In the past, incoming students have reported that checking for cancellations right after midnight, local time, increased the chances for some students for scheduling an interview.
- Please do your part by submitting your paperwork to us as quickly as possible. This will allow us to do our part in mailing the I-20 to you and put you in a position to schedule a visa appointment as soon as something is available.
- If the change in program start date impacts your I-20, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.