Interviews provide you with the opportunity to present a different view of your credentials to the Admissions Committee. All applicants are strongly encouraged to choose Durham, NC, as their interview location on the application because coming to campus is the best way to learn about The Duke MBA and to experience the Team Fuqua culture.
New this year: English as a Second Language tests are no longer required, the application fee waiver program expands, and there's more space for responses to the short answer essay questions.
Read more about the improvements to the MBA application process.
- All interviews are conducted in English by an admissions staff member, alumnus, or Admissions Fellow (select second-year MBA student).
- Interviews generally last 30 - 45 minutes.
- Appropriate attire is business casual.
- Bring a one-page resume to the interview.
- Interviewers will have a copy of your resume, but no other portion of your application file.
- Common questions and answers about interviews are posted within the Frequently Asked Questions page.
There are 2 ways to interview:
All applicants, regardless of the round in which you intend to apply, are eligible to interview during the Open Interview Period. A completed application is not required to interview during the Open Interview Period. Travel to Durham to complete an interview is required for some Early Action applicants (see notice below).
- When: September 8 - October 12, 2015
- Where: Durham, NC
- Additional Activities: During the Open Interview Period, we encourage you to also sign up for activities offered through our Campus Visit program.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Regardless of your citizenship, all Early Action applicants residing in the U.S. (except on the West Coast) are required to travel to Durham to interview during the Open Interview Period.
If you live on the West Coast or outside of the U.S., you may interview in Durham during the Open Interview Period, but it is not a requirement. If you do not travel to Durham during the Open Interview period, you must await an invitation to interview at a location closer to you.