Workshops & Webinars
You'll start moving to the front row in your career as soon as you walk through the door. Your job search begins at Orientation, where you get a fast track intro to the career development and job search process. Getting started early increases your chances of a smooth transition from being a student to becoming a working professional.
Our Career Management Center (CMC) keeps you engaged in the process from Orientation through graduation, with training and workshops that build on your Business Communications courses. This additional insight and resource give you the career development skills to put your best foot forward when entering the job market.
CMC offerings are customized to meet student needs and include:
- Industry Panel Discussions: Panel discussions with alumni and corporate representatives give you an in-depth look at potential business careers.
- Relationship Building: Networking is an essential professional skill regardless of your career goals. Learn how to build and manage your network, request information, and get tips on informational interviewing.
- Branding & Developing a Strategic Job Search Plan: Develop a strategic plan for branding and marketing yourself. Once you make a plan, a CMC executive coach will review it and help align your goals with effective actions.
- Professional Correspondence & Resume Development: Learn useful guidelines for creating a professional cover letter and resume that best represents your passions and interests. You'll work one-on-one with a career coach to refine your resume, and will exchange resumes with your classmates to make additional edits and put them into "Fuqua format."
- Interviewing: Learn how to respond to behavioral and case questions that are commonly asked during job interviews.
- Mock Interviews: Get one-on-one advice from recruiters and business leaders about interviewing.
- Global Resources: You get access to resources and tools that offer a quick synopsis of issues in the global employment environment and specific resources available to support your search.