The Network Makes a Difference
Cody Bateman '06 offers a position to his classmate, Eugene Terekhov, and the two team up to expand a Texas-based investment banking firm into Russia.
Join a powerful global business network. Business school gives you new skills and insights, but it also grows your professional network in a significant way.
In addition to your diverse and impressive class and the Duke / Fuqua alumni networks, in this program, you'll also have ample opportunity to network with and learn from top-level executives. You will reap the benefits of a well-connected business school, from Fuqua's impressive Board of Visitors to smaller regional advisory boards to industry advisory boards and a host of other corporate partners.
Through board participation and other corporate outreach, Fuqua has a strong corporate relations function which yields significant classroom-enriching activities like guest speakers, corporate visits, recruiting opportunities, and a more robust, applied curriculum.
Learning from those with on-the-ground C-suite experience gives you an insider view into the cultural, political, and business opportunities and barriers you may encounter in the new global business landscape.
Below is a sampling of senior executives who have been involved in the Global Executive MBA program:
- Tom Albanese, CEO, Rio Tinto (2007-2013)
- Mumin Azamkhuzhaev, Country Manager, Russia & CIS, Caterpillar
- Derek Bandeen, Global Head of Equity, Citi
- Vikram Bakshi, Managing Director, McDonald's
- Thomas Frist, Co-Founder, China Healthcare Corporation Limited
- Bidisha Ganguly, Head Economic Research Unit, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Niel Golightly, Executive Vice President Global Downstream Communications, Royal Dutch Shell
- David Gray, Country Managing Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP - Russia
- David Michael, Sr. Partner & Managing Director, Boston Consulting Group - Beijing
- Atul Midha, Country Manager, Giorgio Armani, India
- Shivinder Singh, Managing Director, Fortis Healthcare Limited - India
- Ahmad Sharaf, Head of Transition Management, Office of Dubai Holding
- Stephan Solzhenitsyn, Partner, McKinsey & Company - Russia
- Daniel Stone, VP of Strategy and Corporate Development, Lenovo
- Christian van Thillo, CEO, De Persgroep
- Pakpoom Vallisuta, Managing Partner, The Quant Group
- Patricia Lopez Vasquez, General Manager and Vice President, Procter & Gamble - Eastern Europe
- Chris Viehbacher, CEO, Sanofi-Aventis
- Andrew Witty, CEO, GlaxoSmithKline