"I am so grateful to have taken Fuqua's Communication for Leaders with Dorie Clark. How rare it is to find such astute insights communicated in accessible and relatable ways! This course has forever changed the way I conduct my business and lead my company,"
- Edward Murgitroyd, CEO, Murgitroyd IT Attorneys
Instructor Dorie Clark describes the importance of executive presence, a concept she discusses in depth in Virtual Communication for Leaders in the Digital Age, in this video:
Who Should Attend?
Professionals who interface with the public or other stakeholders, tailor their message to their various audiences, or those at any level who want to command attention and increase their personal and professional presence.
More About the Program
Over the course of 4 consecutive days, with 3-hour sessions each day, you’ll learn from a mixture of lecture, class discussion, and interactive exercises. You’ll have opportunities to practice and refine public speaking skills, manage Q&A, address the media, and work through a crisis situation, ensuring you gain practice in working with course concepts
To participate in this course you must have a working webcam and microphone, and have downloaded the Zoom Cloud Meeting app onto your laptop.
We’ll send you an access link to the Canvas learning platform before the orientation session. You’ll create a OneLink account, after which you’ll link to Fuqua. You'll then have access to the Canvas learning platform. The learning platform supports Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox, but not Internet Explorer.
If you have questions about any of these requirements, call the Duke Executive Education team at +1.919.660.8011 or Toll Free +1.800.372.3932, or email us at email@example.com.
As a leader, what you say can inspire, persuade, and influence when you embrace the opportunity to communicate with confidence and credibility. This program will enable you to command attention with confidence and clarity, tailor your message, answer tough questions from multiple sources, and define your public persona via social media.
Presenting Virtually with Power
- Determine the most crucial points--and learn how to deliver them with impact.
- Craft visually compelling presentations
- Leverage "body language" in a digital environment.
- How to hold your audience's attention.
Communicating in a Crisis
- Determine communication weak spots and how to protect your brand in a crisis.
- Master how to prepare for and recover from a crisis.
- Learn when and how to release negative information.
- Practice message discipline throughout your organization.
Answering Difficult Questions
- Prepare for media interviews or any difficult meeting where your leadership may be challenged.
- Develop and stay on message.
- Control the conversation and prevent escalation.
Leveling Up Your Presence
- Create a LinkedIn profile or optimize your current one to set you apart.
- Create relevant and engaging content (even if right now you're not sure what to say.)
- Balance your online personal brand with your organization's brand.
- Develop and expand your network through social media.
At the conclusion of the program you’ll be able to:
- Deliver powerful and impactful online presentations that speak to your audience.
- Plan your crisis response and nimbly navigate the unexpected.
- Answer difficult questions.
- Optimize your online oresence, especially your LinikedIn profile, to effectively communicate your skills, abilities, and professional brand.
This won't take long.