We’re excited to meet you!
The online Master of Science in Quantitative Management: Health Analytics program is offered through Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. Our program attracts a range of professionals from different areas of healthcare— including doctors, nurses, pharmacy professionals, IT, finance, research and executives.
Next Start Date
2021 Class profile
Average Years of Experience
The admissions requirements are listed below. However, please call one of our admissions counselors at +1 919.745.8877 if you have any questions about the admissions process.
Most applicants have undergraduate degrees in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, business, economics, or an equivalent quantitative major from an accredited college or university. However, we welcome passionate individuals from many different educational and professional backgrounds who feel their work would be improved with knowledge of healthcare analytics. Individuals with professional healthcare experience (e.g. physicians, nurses) are also well-suited for the MSQM: Health Analytics program.
If you have a degree in another area but believe your experience or non-degree coursework in quantitative and analytical areas might qualify you for the program, please contact an admissions counselor at +1.877.755.1342 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fuqua School of Business accepts the GMAT, GRE, and the Executive Assessment (EA) for applications to Duke’s MSQM:HA program. You may send your scores directly from the testing service to the admissions office prior to your application round deadline.
GMAT/GRE/EA waivers are offered on a case-by-case basis, and such cases may include an undergraduate, master’s or doctorate degree in a STEM, business, or economic discipline with quantitative coursework. To be considered for the standardized test waiver, you must begin an application and submit the test waiver request form, which is located in the test scores section. Highlight aspects of your current work or background you feel are relevant to the Admissions Committee’s consideration of your waiver request. In addition, you will need to upload your resume and transcripts from all degree-granting institutions.
Extra GMAT, GRE, and EA Details
- There is no minimum test score requirement.
- We will accept scores up to 5 years old.
- Schedule a test date at least 3 weeks in advance of your application submission.
- If you’re admitted will you be required to have your official GMAT, GRE, or EA scores sent to The Fuqua School of Business directly from the testing administrator.
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT): Use Duke program code Q13-N5-99
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): Use Duke program code 5156
- Executive Assessment (EA): Use Duke program code Q13-N5-99
“The online format allows me to have access to a world-class education without having to leave my family or current employment. I can work towards improving my career while still balancing my personal life.”
Associate Director, Data Management
Class of 2020
Legible, scanned copies of all transcripts are required for each college or university you have attended, even if a degree was not awarded.
Transcripts must include:
- Your name and the name of the institution
- Each course taken and the grade received
- The degree received and date conferred
If your transcripts do not state the degree and date conferred, upload a copy of your diploma in addition to the transcript. If your transcript is not in English, it must be translated, attested, and uploaded along with the originals.
Please email transcripts to: email@example.com
Transcripts may also be mailed to the following address:
The Fuqua School of Business
Office of Admissions
100 Fuqua Drive, Box 90120
Durham, NC 27708-0120 USA
You must include a current 1-page professional resume. Please start with your current position and include employment information (full and part-time) and relevant volunteer work, internships, or student club or organization positions. Your education section should show dates of attendance and degrees received.
At least one letter of recommendation is required.
We require that you submit one recommendation from your current supervisor. If you do not have an immediate supervisor, you may submit a recommendation from someone who knows you well in your current position and can critique your professional performance. If you are unable to provide a professional recommendation, please clarify in the optional essay.
Your recommenders must also submit a 1-page letter (uploaded through our online recommendation form) highlighting:
- Your interpersonal skills (effectiveness in establishing and maintaining relationships; working with peers, supervisors, and subordinates; and willingness to work in a team environment)
- Your potential areas for improvement or growth
- At least one recommendation should reflect your performance in a professional setting. Volunteer activities or other service-oriented roles in which you are deeply involved may also be excellent sources for recommendations.
- We only accept official recommendations via the online application system. Submissions by email or mail are not accepted.
Bonus recommendation from Fuqua students and alumni:
- In addition to the required recommendation, you may provide additional recommendations from our current students or alumni, using our Fuqua endorsement form.
- If one of these recommendations is sent on your behalf before you submit your online application, you will be eligible for an application fee waiver.
Your personal statement should describe why the Duke MSQM: Health Analytics program is a good fit for you, and how your academic and work experience have prepared you for the quantitative rigor of the program. You should include information about your experience with the healthcare industry, with data analytics (including various tools you have used), with non-degree executive education programs, and with online learning, including coursework from Coursera, edX or other providers.
Responses should be no more than 2,000 characters, the equivalent of about 250-350 words.
If you feel there are circumstances of which the admissions committee should be aware (such as unexplained gaps in work, choice of recommenders, or inconsistent or questionable academic performance), please explain them in here. Although we call this section “Optional Essay,” your explanation does not need to be essay-length and may only be a few sentences depending on the topic.
A 125 USD nonrefundable application fee, payable by VISA or MasterCard, is due when you submit your online application.
Application fee waivers
You may be eligible to receive an application fee waiver if you meet at least one of the following criteria:
You are a member of the military—active duty, active reserve, or honorably discharged/completed service (within three years) of any nation. Either voluntary or compulsory service is valid for qualification.
You are an active participant or alumnus/alumna of the Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, or Teach for America.
You receive Fuqua Admissions Committee approval. In your application, include the reason for your waiver request and the name of the committee member granting approval.
You are a current member of the Forté or Management Leadership for Tomorrow.
Before submitting your application, you register for and attend at least one of the activities listed below. Indicate the event type, location and month of attendance in your online application. (MBA Fairs are only considered as a qualifying event if you completed a sign in at the Fuqua table during the fair.)
- Campus visit
- Open house
- Information session
- Informational luncheon
- Meet & greet
- Multi-school information session
- Virtual information session
You obtain a recommendation from a current Fuqua student or alumnus/alumna. In your application, include your recommender’s name, program (Daytime, Cross Continent, Weekend Executive, Global Executive, Master of Management Studies: Foundations of Business, Master of Management Studies: Duke Kunshan University, Master of Quantitative Management: Business Analytics, or Master of Science in Quantitative Management: Health Analytics) year of graduation (if known), and email address.
Instructions to apply for an application fee waiver:
1. Meet at least one of the above criteria.
2. Select an application round in the “Personal Information” section of the online application.
3. Complete the questions included in the "Application Fee Waiver Information" section.
4. Submit your application after all sections are complete. However, do NOT submit your application if you are asked for credit card information.
Following the above instructions is the only way to receive an application fee waiver. If you submit your online application without selecting the "fee waiver" option, then you will not qualify for the waiver, and no refund will be available.
Allow a minimum of 2 business days for the admissions office to process your application fee waiver. You will receive a fee waiver confirmation via email when your waiver is activated.
To learn more about the online MSQM: Health Analytics program and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. If you have additional questions, please call +1.877.755.1342 to speak with an admission counselor.