Public Policy, 2008
Why I Chose Fuqua
I chose Fuqua because all of my interactions with admissions staff, faculty, students, and alumni were genuine. Throughout the application process, I felt like each person wanted to get to know me personally and actively supported my passions. The MBA Workshop for Minority Applicants hosted by the Black and Latino MBA Association demonstrated the strength and commitment of the Fuqua network and was a large part of my decision-making process. Ultimately, the opportunities provided through Fuqua’s Center for Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE) and meeting former CASE scholars sealed the deal!
5 Places To Make Long-Lasting Memories
- Duke Lemur Center: The world’s largest and most diverse collection of lemurs—Earth’s most threatened group of mammals—outside of Madagascar.
- Duke Gardens: Beautiful and consistently ranked as Durham’s top attraction.
- Durham Performing Arts Center: Here, you can see everything from great local plays to amazing traveling Broadway shows.
- Shooters II: Fuqua’s favorite Western-themed Durham bar. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but you have to ride the mechanical bull at least once.
- NC Pride LGBTQ Festival: A celebration open to LGBTQ individuals and allies—not to be missed!
My Life Before Fuqua
I supported low- and moderate-income communities by financing affordable housing and advocating for inclusive housing policies.
My Life After Fuqua
I have accepted a job with Accenture Strategy in Washington, D.C., specializing in talent and organization consulting.
Black and Latino MBA Organization
Fuqua Client Consulting Practicum
Global Academic Travel Experience (China)
Exchange Program—University of Cape Town