Michael Zhang is the corporate media service director of L’Oréal (China). He leads the advertising media planning and buying operations across twenty more brands in four business divisions with the number two biggest advertising budget in China.
Michael brings more than 20 years of working experience in marketing communication and advertising from an extensive background at advertising agencies, media vendors, and management consulting firms for marketers in consumer goods, automotive, health care, retail, and professional services, etc.
His responsibilities at L’Oréal include
- providing clear thought leadership in crafting and implementing media strategy offline and online for integrated consumer decision journey planning process
- evaluating emerging ad. formats and technologies
- stewarding agency relationship and managing day-to-day operations
- defining/tracking/interpreting and delivering success metrics with regular report and KPI scorecard
- building knowledge to accelerate skills and capabilities development of the internal teams
- promote “big data”-driven precision marketing practices
- being the face of L’Oréal in front of media vendors/partners.
Prior to L’Oréal, Michael worked for the global consulting firm Accenture. He was a major contributor to the building and growth of the firm’s marketing/media science business in mainland China.
Outside the office, Michael is a voracious reader of books about a broad range of topics like marketing, entrepreneurship, behavioral economics, decision making, and negotiation, among others.
Michael is an Australian citizen, but he was born and raised in Shanghai. He is fluent in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Shanghaies dialect. He has his BA in philosophy from Fudan University (Shanghai, China) and an MBA from Duke's Fuqua School of Business..