Why I Chose Fuqua
The primary reason I chose to attend Fuqua was to pursue an investment banking career in Charlotte, N.C. Charlotte appeals to me because of its status as the second-largest city for financial services in the country and one of the top five fastest-growing cities in the country. I knew that Fuqua’s Finance Club has special connections to investment banks in Charlotte that would help me in my recruiting process. Additionally, I was intrigued by Fuqua’s collaborative culture. The individuals that comprise each class of Fuqua have the personalities and abilities to make anyone a better teammate.
5 Random Things About Me
- I read a book independently for the first time at two years and four months of age: The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss.
- I became a football fan at the age of four. I tried to stay up late on Mondays to sing the Monday Night Football theme song.
- My morning routine consists of drinking 8oz of water, meditating for 10 minutes, doing push-ups, squats, and planks, and taking a cold shower.
- My favorite TV show ever is "Friday Night Lights." No show will ever mix drama and sports so expertly.
- If I could bring back one fashion trend, it would be the pocket watch. Its versatility and ability to spice up an otherwise-bland tuxedo is underrated.
My Life Before Fuqua
I was a branch manager for M&T Bank in Baltimore, MD. My responsibilities included supervising the day-to-day operations of the branch, coaching bankers on selling accounts to and serving retail customers, and opening new accounts and loans for new and existing business customers. In my capacity as a branch manager, I was responsible for ensuring that my branches passed their operational audits and exceeded their sales goals.
My Life After Fuqua
After graduation I will work as an investment banker for BlackArch Partners in Charlotte, NC. I will use what I have learned in my finance classes on valuation to be precise in determining which firms are comparable to the ones I will represent in my career as well as employ more technical analyses of a company’s future performance like leveraged buyout analyses. I will also use what I have learned about negotiation to help my clients maximize the price when they sell their companies.
Duke Recreation Personal Training
Admissions Fellow (interviewer of applicants to Fuqua)