MQM: Business Analytics
My Program Track:
Why I Chose Fuqua
Throughout the admission process, I noticed that the current students and staff I spoke with were always helpful and enthusiastic to answer all my questions when I reached out. I felt welcome, and I wanted to be a part of such a friendly student community and learning environment.
I was a full-time tax accountant. I filed corporate tax returns, prepared financial statements, and created visualizations of financial trends. After years of studying and working in accounting, I realized I had a passion for working with data.
I plan on working as a business analyst, data analyst, or consultant. I look forward to using my newly acquired skills combined with my previous work experience to help companies achieve their goals through data-driven insights.
5 Random Things About Me
- I enjoy singing and leading worship at my church.
- Vacationing with my friends is one of my favorite traditions. Greece is next on our bucket list.
- Back in Nigeria, I went through apprenticeship training in hair styling. As a result, one of my hobbies is braiding and styling hair. I have an Instagram page that shows all of my creative work.
- I attended a boarding school in Nigeria called Mayflower School between the age of 10 and 16. That was my first exposure to independence and self-reliance. The experience made it easier for me to adjust to new environments.
- Dancing is one of my favorite childhood memories. The one song that made me gain popularity in our neighborhood was by Congolese musician Awilo Longomba. I had a special dancing skirt for his songs and won several dancing competitions at birthday parties I attended growing up.
My MQM Track
The forensics track allows you to acquire analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills to prevent, detect and solve issues related to fraud. The technical expertise coupled with the analytical techniques gained can be applied to any industry.