BA, American Studies and History, 2009
Why I Chose Fuqua
As I explored business school, I was very specific about the experience I wanted. I knew I wanted a place that facilitated a sense of community, a strong team culture, and an entrepreneurial attitude. In engagements with alumni and the Admissions team, I also was very clear about my desire to explore the intersection of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), business, and leadership. Every member of the Fuqua community that I engaged with had personal, clear, and genuine examples of each of those values. I knew that Fuqua was a place that I could embrace new learning experiences in a place that prioritizes relationships and team, key ingredients for my success.
Five things to Do One Saturday in Durham
- Wake up early and grab a coffee at Foster’s
- Walk to the Farmer’s Market at Central Park and browse the local produce and crafts. Don’t forget extra bags because you’ll always end up with more than you anticipated
- Drop off your produce and head to Press for a brunch/lunch crepe and drink of choice
- Walk by the Tobacco Campus and check out a variety of small spots for shopping or more snacks (Parker & Otis has excellent Durham and NC items as well as super fun puzzles)
- Go to a Durham Bulls baseball game
My Life Before Fuqua
I began my career in 2009 as a special education teacher with Teach For America, and moved on to training teachers and curriculum designers, and helping manage the TFA region in New Orleans. In 2017, I supported TFA’s recruitment work while expanding my own leadership development consulting practice. In 2019, I expanded my consulting practice when I moved to Colombia.
My Life After Fuqua
I will be transitioning into management consulting, building off of my experience prior to Fuqua and expanding into new sectors. My time at Fuqua has provided me with skills that I am using directly in that work while giving me the confidence to think strategically through any problem.
My Fuqua Activities
MBA Association ( DEI)
FuquaPride (co-VP of Admissions)