MQM: Business Analytics
My Program Track:
Information Technology, 2021
Why I Chose Fuqua
Early on in my graduate school application process, I became extremely intrigued by the concept of Team Fuqua. I wanted to be in an environment that promoted team work and a collaborative culture—a place which felt like a family. Fuqua stood out immediately. Everyone I interacted with from Fuqua projected the culture I was seeking. Each person felt like a friend I had known for years, even my first time talking to them! Additionally, the stellar faculty, expansive course choices, and Duke’s reputation reinforced why Fuqua was the perfect choice for me. I wanted to be a part of Team Fuqua.
I interned at EY in the Business Advisor Program of their Financial Services Organization. I assisted my team in implementing a Robotic Process Automation system to meet the client’s requirements, and created a dashboard to enable the client to get the real-time status of different units.
I plan on joining Ernst & Young (EY) as a full-time Technology Consultant in Financial Services Organization (FSO) in Dallas, TX. I will be focusing on financial markets relating to FinTech and ones hoping to integrate RPA and AI into their business practices.
My MQM Track
The finance track focuses on the different finance markets and concepts. The track starts with an introductory course which lays the foundations of the overall field, and we later dive into specific markets and how they work. Thus far, I have learned a lot about finance and how analytics can analyze and predict many different fields within finance. I have gained a lot of knowledge about the various techniques to take data methods and apply them to financial data. My team and I have used these insights to predict market behavior, identify trends, and other vital factors for different finance and business cases.
5 Best Breakfast Spots in Durham
- Elmo’s Diner – A true classic with amazing food. This has become THE spot for my friends and me. My suggestion: Stuffed French Toast, and basically anything else!
- Loaf – If you want a good and fast breakfast, this bakery is your spot! They bake all their sweets and breads fresh every day, and they are HEAVENLY! My suggestion: Almond Croissant and Gougere.
- Press Coffee, Crepes, and Cocktails – If you are looking for good crepes and coffee/tea, your have to go here. This super cute spot is also great for studying! My suggestion: Tres Leches sweet crepe and Turmeric Ginger tea.
- Grub Durham – A local favorite, and rightfully so! They serve great brunch and are located super close to campus. My suggestion: Best Bird Biscuit and Blue Devil smoothie.
- Bull and Bean – So, so good! Their vast menu has something for everyone, and they serve breakfast all day! My suggestion: Meg’s Manhattan Eggs – a great deal also with all the food you get.