Cross Continent MBA*
Operations & Supply Chain Management / Marketing Management, 2007
Fuqua’s network has given me much more than I expected—both during my program, and after graduation. I was able to meet executives in my company, Fuqua alumni, who opened their doors to my career questions. The career management center and my professors gave me wonderful guidance on how I am perceived, so that I can use those initial impressions and to adapt to how I want to be perceived. Finally, I have found wonderful friends in my classmates, who I am so excited to visit and stay in touch with.
I was an Associate Director of Business Process at Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group. I worked on cloud offerings, Optum shared services, and client implementation of these services.
I was promoted to Director of IT Operations, focusing on the insurance-provider partnership. I owned IT vendor management and operational readiness associated with five insurance and care delivery portals. I love taking on risks and new challenges within the Health Care space—check back in 6 months!
5 Ways to Solicit Employer Support for your MBA
- Develop a presentation on the benefits of the program for your boss and other key stakeholders.
- Be clear about the support you’ll need, whether that means time off or financial backing.
- Create understanding in your team on how you will address their concerns. I always reiterated that residency was not a vacation and I would come back more tired than when I left, but started prepping my team for my absence a month in advance.
- Share how your program will support your company’s mission.
- Be open about where you want the experience to take you and how you will become a better leader at work.