Gina El Kattan
Why I Chose Fuqua
I chose Fuqua because I was looking for a program with a strong supportive community. I really loved the Team Fuqua culture and every interaction I had with anyone from Fuqua was so overwhelmingly positive. It’s amazing how genuine, supportive, and smart my classmates really are! Everyone is always willing to jump in and help. Fuqua has a strong reputation in the US and abroad. I was also drawn to all the entrepreneurship resources available, not just at Fuqua but at Duke as well.
Five Random Things About Me
- I participated in competitive rhythmic gymnastics while growing up, and competed in many international competitions.
- I’ve attended the Toronto Film Festival every year since moving to Toronto in 2011, except for one year when I broke my ankle the night before.
- I’ve been to over 30 concerts in Toronto
- I have a cat named Mr. Mowgli that I found lost in a forest
- I love reading 19th century Russian literature
My Life Before Fuqua
I was the ecommerce strategy lead for FedEx Canada. I also co-founded a consumer packaged goods startup called Nuba, which supplies beverages (tisanes) that use ingredients sustainably sourced from Nuba, Egypt.
My Life After Fuqua
Once I graduate, I hope to continue scaling my startup, Nuba. I pursued my MBA to use my experience to take my startup to the next level and expand into the US. I’ve always loved the entrepreneurship experience (it runs in the family), and knew that that’s what I wanted to focus on.
My Fuqua Activities
Student Founders Program
Doug and Melissa Entrepreneur
Society for Early Entrepreneurs
Equity and Venture Capital Club (EVCC)