MQM: Business Analytics
My Program Track:
Why I Chose Fuqua
When I recognized how important quantitative analysis has become in the business world, especially in marketing, I sought out schools that would offer this specialization. With Duke’s reputation, I was excited to see that Fuqua was a leader in this field. Being a part of the inaugural class was an easy decision.
The biggest challenge is deciding how to spend my time. Between coursework, career advancement opportunities, fitness, and events, I could use about 6 extra hours each day. I have learned to prioritize the things that are most important to me and that it is okay to say no.
With the increase of business being conducted over and/or impacted by the internet, a crucial factor in a company’s success will be its ability to analyze and interpret the massive amounts of data being collected in real time. After Fuqua, I hope to apply my new skill set at a consulting firm or a Fortune 500 company where using data to drive business decisions will be essential.
My MQM Track
While my track is marketing, I am aiming to gain a broader perspective of all facets of business as well as the ability to make both data-driven and non-data-driven business decisions.
5 Random Things About Me
1. I broke my leg when I was four and showed up to Pre-K in a wheelchair because I was too small for crutches.
2. My grandpa won the first ever Academy Award for a documentary.
3. I played Division I volleyball at University of Central Florida during my 3 years of undergraduate studies.
4. I organize the shirts in my closet by color and sleeve length.
5. My childhood dog only had three legs.