MQM: Business Analytics
My Program Track:
International Business/Economics, 2018
Why I Chose Fuqua
When I worked in digital marketing, I was motivated to learn more about utilizing data through analytical methods to drive meaningful customer insights. I decided to further my studies with a master’s degree in a data analytics program that also combined marketing. Fuqua’s MQM: Business Analytics program became my first choice because of the experiential learning environment, world-class professors, and access to career resources and support.
I worked in social media for the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel in Vietnam. I loved listening to what customers thought about the hotel on social media and getting to engage with them. I also provided in-depth channel and tactic level analysis of performances.
I want to pursue a career in digital marketing at a marketing agency targeting the automotive industry. I believe the auto industry is undergoing a remarkable transformation in which digital channels are playing a key role in influencing buyer’s decision-making and creating highly personalized experiences that help improve conversions.
5 Favorite Places to Study on Duke’s Campus
- Fox Center—The perfect spot for daily studying in a spacious, quiet, and peaceful area overlooking the forest.
- The Bryan Center—If you’re looking for a casual space to study, this place has tables and comfortable seating.
- Ford Library—A great place for doing research since you are surrounded by the most recent databases and journals.
- The Bryan Center Plaza—This outdoor spot is the perfect place to study in the autumn or spring. It is especially nice on the weekends.
- Team Rooms at Fuqua—These are great for team meetings! Each room has a whiteboard and smart TV, and printers are available in the hallway.
My MQM Track
In the marketing track, we learn how to apply data analytics skills to various fields of marketing, such as customer relationship management, digital marketing, or market research. With strong analytics skills, a critical mindset, and profound marketing know-how, I am eager to start making a data-driven impact in the business world.