MQM: Business Analytics
My Program Track:
Why I Chose Fuqua
As an undergrad I minored in Business Analytics. While I enjoyed my coursework, I felt like I was only scratching the surface of what I wanted to learn. Fuqua’s MQM program really stood out to me because of the way it is designed. The curriculum focuses not only on tools and methodologies in data analytics, but also on teaching you how to effectively communicate your data insights to an audience. To me, that seemed like a more holistic approach to teaching analytics. Beyond the curriculum, Fuqua’s reputation and the quality of its professors were both important considerations and made it a simple choice.
The pace of the program can initially be a little overwhelming, especially when you’re surrounded by such intelligent and driven people. However, that pace has really kick started my personal and professional growth. I can’t believe how much I’ve already learned in such a short time span.
After graduation, I will be joining EY as a technology consultant in their financial services office. I am excited about the opportunity to apply concepts from my data analytics coursework in MQM while also developing core consulting skills.
My MQM Track
The track-specific coursework in the finance track covers all the topics seen in most finance programs; however, the curriculum goes a lot deeper and explores the quantitative applications of those topics. The techniques learned in the data science coursework have a lot of practical applications in finance. At times it feels like I’m getting a dual degree in finance and business analytics, which is impressive for a 10-month program.
5 Random Things About Me
- I grew up in a country with a population of only about half a million people. Its small size makes Luxembourg a tight-knit community and a great place to grow up.
- I speak four languages fluently. So does most of my generation from Luxembourg!
- When I was 15 years old, I had the opportunity to spend a summer semester at Miami University. I liked it so much that I decided to go back for undergrad.
- Basketball was big part of my life growing up. I got to play with my closest friends for over 10 years and we were able to win a couple of national championships along the way.
- As a kid, my favorite college basketball team was the Blue Devils. I never thought I would end up at Duke and be able to witness the crazy atmosphere at Cameron!