BS International and Comparative Legal Studies, 2014
Why I Chose Fuqua
I was initially drawn to Fuqua’s team-focused and collaborative culture. The annual Duke MBA Veterans Symposium sealed the deal for me when I was able to interact with administration, current students, and other prospective students. I felt so welcomed and at home with the Fuqua community that I couldn’t imagine myself anywhere else. Fuqua’s extracurricular and experiential opportunities in addition to its academic programming made me excited to join Team Fuqua.
Five Best Durham Restaurants to Meet Up with Friends
- Ponysaurus Brewing Company has a dog friendly patio with great beer, pizza, and candy for purchase. I love that I can end the week with a beer and Swedish fish while sitting outside with my friends.
- Boot Room/ Beer Study is soccer pub with seriously amazing food. I crave their fried pickle appetizer regularly and the atmosphere is unmatched.
- Namu has a beautifully secluded garden space that is perfect for group projects, study meetings, or a solo latte and mandoo on a Wednesday afternoon. The ambiance is stellar.
- Guglhupf Bakery, Café and Biergarten is tremendously popular for good reason. Their patio is gorgeous, and all their food is fresh, fast, and delicious. Don’t let the lines scare you off!
- Monuts is a cultural staple of Durham. The rotating menu keeps me coming back and the outdoor picnic tables are a great spot for your next team meeting.
My Life Before Fuqua
I served in the U.S Army as a Military Intelligence Officer, most recently commanding a company of intelligence professionals in the Pacific Theater. Our mission was to conduct multidiscipline intelligence analysis and production to enable situational understanding for leaders within our area of operations.
My Life After Fuqua
After graduation, I am excited to invest in the next generation of Army leaders at the United States Military Academy. I will coach, train, and mentor cadets as a professor in the Behavioral Sciences and Leadership Department.
COLE Fellow (Center on Leadership and Ethics)
DAFA (Duke Armed Forces Association)
AWIB (Association of Women in Business)