MQM: Business Analytics
My Program Track:
Why I Chose Fuqua
Fuqua initially caught my eye because of its academic prestige and the fact that it was a frontrunner in offering a one-year business analytics program. I felt that Fuqua would not only have the expertise I needed to excel with my career goals but also would teach me to be a trailblazer in the future. When I looked at the curriculum, it balanced valuable business coursework with data analytics classes, and the Career Management Center had copious resources and opportunities to prepare for any career I might want to pursue.
I was an account services intern for a marketing company. While I enjoyed the position, I realized I wanted to be the one working with the data rather than receiving the results. After discovering this passion for marketing analytics, I knew I needed knowledge only a business analytics program could teach me.
I would like to begin my career as a marketing analyst either at an advertising agency or for a company in the consumer goods industry. I am particularly interested in market research, identifying customer demographics, and developing consumer insights from data.
5 Great Places for Dessert in Durham
- The Parlour—If you’re ever in downtown Durham, you’re sure to notice the Parlour, because the line is often out the door. They specialize in homemade ice cream and have many delicious flavors to choose from!
- Locopops—These are handmade popsicles with the craziest flavors! The shop has plenty of space to enjoy your treats, so it’s a great place to hang out with friends on the weekend.
- Monuts—This place is a personal favorite for brunch, but they also have amazing homemade donuts and pastries.
- Snow Factory—This place lets you craft your own Vietnamese rolled ice cream sundae, which is made in front of you.
- Mad Hatter’s Café—The bakeshop here is known for their cakes and cupcakes, so if you need a big slice of chocolate cake or want something special for a friend’s birthday, this is your place.
My MQM Track
I chose the marketing track because I wanted to learn more about working with transformative “big data” as well as work in a creative industry that would push me to think outside of the box. This track has helped me develop the tools necessary to work in the data-driven marketing world, and has allowed me to explore interests that have shaped my post-graduate career plans.