Who Should Attend?
- Women and men with 5 or more years of professional experience directing people and/or projects
- Any business leader who aspires to have greater influence and impact in his/her organization
- Anyone invested in the advancement of women executives into the senior ranks of an organization's leadership
- Leader or members of a women's employee reesource group who want inspiration about future workshops, training, coaching, or activities for your company
More about this program
In three highly stimulating days, you will learn through case studies, research reviews, experiential exercises, and rich discussion how to navigate the challenges of managing or influencing people who are different from you. Attending with several people from your organization is highly recommended.
More detail about the course content to come...
At the end of the program, you will:
- Gain a broad intellectual understanding of why the gender leadership gap persists in organizational settings
- Understand the barriers and obstacles that women (and men) sometimes face when pursuing and occupying leader roles
- Improve your ability to analyze gender stereotypes, biases, and discrimination – be it implicit, subtle, explicit, or blatant – that can persist in organizations
- Learn how to actively manage social perceptions and impressions to help improve work relationships
- Discover how to negotiate influence to help attain parity and equity in the workplace
- Recognize the extent to which intersecting social identities inform a better and more accurate depiction of leadership experiences and disparities
- Develop an understanding of strategies that have been successfully implemented to help close the gender leadership gap
- Learn the meaning of success to you and understand how it can change over time
Benefits to Organizations sponsoring employees’ attendance:
- Learn how to make diversity your organization’s strategic advantage by maximizing the strengths of high performers
- Learn why some corporate cultures tend to facilitate or hinder equity and how to empower positive change agents
- Equip a few of your “culture influencers” with ideas for starting new or developing current employee resource groups
This won't take long.