Tickets are not required for the Graduation Ceremony in Cameron Indoor Stadium. There is ample seating in the stadium.
Caps and Gowns
Your hood should be worn draped around your neck with the largest portion of the hood hanging down your back. The velvet border, which indicates your specific field of study, should be showing on the outside. The velvet should fold under on the lower back to allow the colors to show.
Here are a few things to keep in mind for graduation apparel:
- If possible, wear a shirt that buttons in the front. This will allow you to hook a string from the hood to the button, keeping the hood from sliding. If you do not wear a shirt with buttons, it is recommended you bring saftey pins to secure the hood.
- Those with longer hair may want to bring hair pins to help secure their cap.
- Business casual or business formal should be worn under your gown. To avoid overheating, gentlemen are encouraged to leave their suit jackets with friends or family during the ceremony.
- The tassel of the academic cap is typically worn on the left front side; however, for photography purposes we ask that you wear your tassel on the right side during the ceremony.
- Leave all personal items with family members.
Children at the Ceremony
Children are welcome to attend the ceremony. Please make sure you have someone available to supervise children while you participate in the graduation ceremony.
Class photos will be taken by cohort prior to the ceremony based on the following schedule.
- 8:00 am - The Weekend Executive Class of 2024
- 8:15 am - The Global Executive Class of 2024
- 8:25 am - The MSQM: Business Analytics Class of 2024
- 8:30 am - The MSQM: Health Analytics Class of 2024
- 8:35 am - The Accelerated MSQM: Business Analytics Class of 2023
A professional photographer will take the class picture and individual student photos during the ceremony and graduates will have access to all photos at no cost. Guests are encouraged to take pictures during the ceremony and reception, but we ask that they not interfere with the procession of students and avoid blocking the view of other guests.
All students (GEMBA, WEMBA, & MSQM) will gather in the Rubenstein Lobby at Cameron Indoor Stadium immediately after their class photo and will be asked to line up alphabetically. After you have lined up, staff ushers and a bagpiper will lead you into Cameron Indoor Stadium. When the procession begins, please follow the lead of the ushers in charge; they will direct you to your appropriate seating. Please remain standing until the processional music has ended. Procession into Cameron begins at 8:50 am. We ask that your guests be seated by 8:30 am.
There will be a program at your seat that you may use to follow the ceremony. When it is time for you to receive your diploma cover, you will be given instructions by the ushers. Please be alert to their instructions, particularly if you are seated at the end of a row. Once your name is called, walk across the stage to receive your diploma cover. Please proceed down the stairs stage right and, if applicable, return to your seat and be seated.
The faculty and staff on stage will process off the stage, past the graduates. After the group on stage processes out, an usher will direct the first row of graduates to follow. Graduates process out row by row. Please continue all the way outside of Cameron Indoor Stadium, allowing all graduates to leave the stadium in a timely fashion. Following the ceremony, students are welcome to take pictures in Cameron Indoor Stadium with their guests and classmates. However, please note that set up for another graduation ceremony will begin taking place at the conclusion of the EMBA & MSQM graduation ceremony.
Immediately following the graduation ceremony, there will be a reception in the Fox Student Center at The Fuqua School of Business. The reception will include savory and sweet finger foods, as well as wine, beer, and non-alcoholic options. All graduates, family and guests are invited.