Our online job posting form consists of a quick survey which enables companies to post positions to their specifications. If interest in the opportunity is high, the job posting can be easily converted to an on-campus interview.
The job posting form offers a practical recruiting option for many companies, particularly those that:
- have immediate hiring needs
- work with limited recruiting resources
- would like to gauge student interest for a function or division that has not recruited on campus or may not be well known to students
To complete a job posting, visit Recruit@Duke. Approved job postings are posted within one business day.
Today’s world economy demands that business managers have cultural sensitivity, experience managing businesses in foreign environments, and fluency in multiple languages. Fuqua graduates will help your company succeed in the global marketplace. About 40% of Fuqua students hail from international locations and represent around 45 countries. Many of these students held positions of significant responsibility prior to business school.
Opportunities In the U.S.
Most Duke MBA international students are available for summer internship employment without visa sponsorship as they are working under the Curricular Practical Training that is a part of their student visa.
For full-time employment, students without U.S. work authorization may apply for 12 months of Optional Practical Training post-graduation to work without a visa. To continue working in the U.S. beyond one year, these graduates need a company-sponsored H-1B visa.
Applying for the H-1B visa is a surprisingly simple and inexpensive process. For more information on the H-1B application process, visit the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website.
Opportunities Outside the U.S.
If your company would like to recruit students for positions outside the U.S., let us help you make that process easier. We can arrange a Duke interview, even outside of the traditional recruiting calendar if needed, to align with your in-country hiring needs. Fuqua has state-of-the-art video conference facilities and companies can interact with an individual student or an entire group of students to mirror a face-to-face conversation. If telephone interviews are more convenient, we can also make those arrangements on your behalf.
Company representatives should speak with their sector managers regarding options available including Cisco TelePresence, traditional video conferencing, and web-based interactions.
The Virtual Classroom
Fuqua's HCA Classroom is the first of its kind. The lecture hall was customized in early 2010 with Cisco TelePresence™ technology and provides students with access to professors, business leaders, and guest lecturers located around the globe — furthering Fuqua's mission as an international business school.
With high-definition video and high-quality audio, Cisco TelePresence provides a realistic, real-time communications experience and enables presenters to extend their expertise beyond Fuqua's main campus to students across multiple campuses as though they were sitting in the same room.
Fuqua is located at 100 Fuqua Drive in Durham, North Carolina.
Directions, Parking, and Transportation
When making flight arrangements, please consider that it takes 30 to 45 minutes to travel between the Raleigh Durham International Airport and Fuqua. Plan to check in for your interviews 15 to 20 minutes before they begin, and leave at least 45 minutes before you need to be at the airport to catch your return flight. Once interview schedules have been set we cannot move them to accommodate flight arrangements.
- If you’re visiting for an Employer Presentation or hosting office hours before 5 p.m., please park in the Science Drive visitor lot in any unmarked space. Refer to your confirmation email for a code to use at the meter machines located in the lot. You must display the receipt in a visible location or your car could be subject to ticketing and towing.
- If you’re visiting for an Employer Presentation after 5 p.m., you will be able to park in any space on campus, either marked or unmarked, for free. The closest parking options are the Science Drive Visitor Lot or the Science Drive Parking Deck.
- If you are visiting for an interview, please check-in on the fourth floor of the Agadi Career Management Suite in Keller Center East.
- If you are parking for on-campus interviews, please use the Science Drive Visitor Lot and refer to your confirmation email for the code to use at the meter machines.
The following taxi companies can provide transportation to and from the airport. Tell the taxi driver to take you to The Fuqua School of Business, Science Drive entrance:
- Choice Cab & Transportation: +1.919.680.3116
- Airport Dependable Transportation: +1.919.667.0800
- Durham’s Best Cab Company: +1.919.680.3330 or +1.866.680.3330
- Charlene’s Safe Ride: +1.800.835.8053 or +1.919.309.7233