Sample Project/Internship description
At ### we've got a place for you. ### is developing sustainable energy to provide for the communities of today and planning for a brighter tomorrow. ### knows the future of energy is you.
As a Chicago based Fortune 150 Company, with more than $15 billion annual revenues, ### distributes electricity to approximately 5.4 million customers in Illinois and Pennsylvania, and gas to 480,000 customers in the Philadelphia area. In addition to energy delivery, ## #'s operations include energy generation and power marketing and has one of the industry's largest portfolios of electricity generation capacity, with a nationwide reach and strong positions in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic.
Project (s) Description
Potential assignments may include:
Analysis of product supply processes to ensure they operate effectively to support planned levels of Sales (including new product launches).
Support operational efficiency via appropriate deployment of resources, both personnel and budget, to realize company objectives in collaboration with external partners and internal customers.
Ensure the Sales & Operations planning process operates effectively in collaboration with Business Units and Global Supply Chain so that demand forecast, and supply plans are strongly aligned and balanced.
Project work will result in actionable recommendations to increase profitability, cash flows, and reduce inventory; modeling business plans for key growth planks; annual financial budgeting and strategic planning process and resource allocation and headcount planning.
U.S. citizenship or permanent work authorization required?
Yes or No.
All, First Year MBA students
- Must be skilled in MS Office tools, basic statistical concepts, and basic data/financial analysis.
- Strong technical knowledge of logistics and operations.
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously, to deal with short timelines and find creative solutions.
- Ability to work within a diverse multicultural and international environment.
- A drive to succeed.
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels of the organization and participate fully in executive level strategic decisions.
- Previous training as Six Sigma Green or Black Belt desired.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering or previous technical experience.