Why I Chose Fuqua
As I looked to the next chapter of my career, I knew that I wanted to be surrounded by a community of individuals who cared just as much about the success of the organization as they did about themselves. I wanted to be somewhere that I would be able to lean on my other classmates and faculty and know that they were also invested in my success. Throughout every step of the application process, I felt Team Fuqua and knew that it was the place I wanted to be.
5 Ways To Spend a Saturday in Durham
- Walk, run, or bike the American Tobacco Trail. An amazing, scenic, paved 22.6-mile long Rails-to-Trails project located in the Research Triangle region of North Carolina, running along an abandoned railroad bed originally built for the American Tobacco Company in the 1970s.
- Brunch at Foster’s Market. The best breakfast spot in my humble opinion, also a great study spot! You have to try their breakfast burrito or chicken caesar wrap.
- Attend a Duke Football tailgate! During football season, the Fuqua Tailgate Club pride themselves in setting up the best tailgate in the lot and I love being able to relax with my classmates while cheering on Duke.
- Walk the Duke Gardens. The Sarah P. Duke Gardens consist of approximately 55 acres of landscaped and wooded areas at Duke and make for a fantastic way to spend time in nature.
- Attend a Durham Bulls game. The Durham Bulls are a Minor League Baseball team of the International League and they are a blast to attend.
My Life Before Fuqua
Before Fuqua, I was a Field Artillery officer in the United States Army. In my most recent job before attending school, I was a Fire Support Officer, which involved advising and planning technical aspects of the employment of artillery, mortar, and Air Force strikes.
My Life After Fuqua
Upon graduation, I will be joining Goldman Sachs as a Private Wealth Advisor. I am excited to leverage what I learned at Fuqua about portfolio management and investments to help others achieve their goals.
Duke Armed Forces Association (DAFA) Co-President
Fuqua Special Olympics (FSO) Co-President