If admitted, can I defer my admission to the following year?
Under some exceptional circumstances, we may grant a deferral. Please contact the admissions office for more information including specific conditions.
Can I apply in multiple admission rounds and/or to multiple programs?
You can only apply to one program at a time. If you are denied admission in an early round, you cannot reapply in a later admission round.
Do you offer a waiver of the application fee?
Yes, you may qualify for a waiver if you meet certain criteria. Qualification details are listed on the MSQM: Health Analytics Application Instructions page.
What should I know about GMAT/GRE test scores?
We accept GMAT and GRE scores. The admissions committee pays particular attention to the quantitative score on these exams. We admit students with a range of test scores. For mid-career candidates with concerns about taking the GMAT, please contact the admissions office to discuss alternatives.
GMAT/GRE scores are important, but they are not the only indicator of achievement. Other important aspects of your application include:
- Your academic performance
- Work experience
- Community involvement
Does the admissions committee accept 3-year bachelor's degrees?
Yes. As long as you have earned a bachelor's degree by the start date of the program, you are eligible to apply.
What do I need to know about recommendations?
Your recommendation must be received before an application is considered complete and ready for review.
We require all recommenders to complete and submit an online recommendation form. Mailed letters of recommendation will not be accepted.
* If you are a working professional, your recommendation should be from someone who can assess your work from a professional perspective.
* If you are a current student, we prefer a recommendation from someone who can evaluate your performance from a professional perspective. If you do not have work experience, you can use your experience in a volunteer capacity, through a student club or other organization, or secure a recommendation from a professor.
How are interviews conducted?
We do not offer open interviews for MSQM: Health Analytics candidates. Interview invitations will be extended after careful review of your application materials. Most interviews will occur via video conference; North Carolina residents may have the opportunity to interview on campus by invitation. Both formats carry equal weight in the admissions process.
What activities are offered during a campus visit?
Duke’s campus has a lot to offer, so if you're able to visit, you’ll want to take time to explore.
Weekday campus visit activities may include:
- Tour of Fuqua’s facilities
- Lunch with current students
- Class observation
- Group meet-and-greet with an admissions officer
- Q&A with Program and Career Management Center staff
- Fuqua Friday
How are Fuqua merit scholarship awards determined?
Every admitted applicant is considered for a merit scholarship; there is no separate merit scholarship application. Merit scholarship recipients are selected by an Admissions Merit Scholarship Committee and are awarded based on a candidate’s overall profile. Merit scholarship awards are made independently of determining a student's eligibility for student loans.
The selection criteria include:
- Prior academic achievement
- Demonstrated leadership
- Community involvement
- Extracurricular activities
- Professional accomplishments
How will I know if I've received a merit scholarship?
A scholarship letter will be included in your admission packet. Scholarship information will be listed on page two of your electronic admission letter.
Is it possible to borrow funds to meet the costs of attending Fuqua?
A variety of student loan programs are available to both domestic and international students.
You are eligible to apply for a combination of:
- Federal student loans
- Alternative student loans
Loans can be used for:
Visit Financing Your Degree for more details about applying for aid.
How will I know if my FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) has been sent to Fuqua Financial Aid?
- Approximately 1 week after you submit your FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR), which will indicate the receipt and initial processing of your application.
- Our financial aid office receives an electronic copy of the SAR, and the FAFSA data for admitted students is reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
- If additional information is needed, you will receive a written request from Fuqua.
- If no additional information is requested, you will receive a financial aid award notice.
- Our financial aid office begins review of financial aid applications in March and sends out award notices on a rolling basis.
Do I need to submit an English as a Foreign Language Test?
Fuqua does not accept ESL test scores. We will use other aspects of your application to assess language proficiency.
Will you consider my application with a 3-year degree?
Yes, as long as you have earned a bachelor's degree by the start date of the program, you are eligible to apply.
Is there financial aid available for international applicants?
Every admitted applicant is automatically reviewed for merit-based scholarships. There is no separate scholarship application. Merit scholarship notification typically occurs within a week following the admission notification. The awards are for the duration of the program and cover partial tuition.
For more information, please visit our Financing Your Degree page.
How does the waitlist work?
Waitlisted applications will be reviewed during admissions rounds subsequent to the round in which you originally applied. Please be sure to keep us informed of any changes to your contact information.
- We are unable to share an exact number of people who are waitlisted. Candidates on the waitlist may be admitted or may choose to remove their name from the waitlist at any point in the process, so the number of candidates on the waitlist can vary.
- In the past, we have admitted students from the waitlist as late as the start of orientation.
- Please be advised that the admissions committee has made a conscious decision to limit the number of applicants extended a place on the waitlist.
May I submit additional information for the admissions committee to consider?
Yes. During the coming months you may submit additional information that you feel will be helpful to the committee in consideration of your file. Brevity and relevance are important when determining what to submit to the admissions committee. It is not necessary to duplicate information already covered in your application. Please follow the instructions below to ensure your update is placed in your file.
- Information on recent professional accomplishments—submit via the waitlist update form
- Transcripts or details regarding recently completed coursework relevant to program success—submit via the waitlist update form
- New unofficial test scores—submit via your student portal
- Updated mailing address—submit via your student portal
All additional information should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any inquiries regarding your status on the waitlist, call our office at +1.919.660.7705.
I have a question that has not been addressed in the waitlist FAQs. What should I do?
Please feel free to contact our office via email at email@example.com or telephone at 1.919.660.7705 and ask to speak with an Admissions Officer. You may reach us during business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm ET. We would be happy to speak with you and address any questions or concerns you have regarding your application status.